Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC warranty

cambsguy

Spa-Francorchamps
Thoughts on this issue please?

I have a rattle that is coming from within the roof lining at rear of car, took it into my local Porsche dealership under my OPC warranty, they agreed there is a rattle there but would not commit to covering the cost under the warranty, they said I would have to book it in, and they would take the roof lining down and find the fault, if its a break they would cover it on the warranty however if its wear and tear then the cost of removing lining is circa £600 and then the cost of the part would have to be covered my myself..

Surely the warranty should cover this or am i being un-realistic ?

Thanks

Interested to know the outcome myself.
Would it be worth ringing another OPC to see what they say?

It's the way these things have gone. What part do they imagine could cause it and be subject to wear and tear I wonder. It's just the standard spiel.

It's a difficult one to answer but ill try ..

The OPC is correct in that until they find the cause they cant say if Porsche will pay for the repair and porsche have cut back on warranty for things like squeaks and rattles ..

Once they have identified the cause then Porsche will say if they will pay for it .. if not then they have to charge you .. hence authority is needed from you before hand .

Every OPC will be the same .

btw .. OPC is Not Porsche .. the majority of OPC,s in this country are not owned by Porsche and so are a seperate business trying to make a profit .. which they do pretty well at !

we even have wear and tear added these days but i'm afraid that is what it is now .

Rattles on a newer car would be covered but i believe its only for the first 2 years and not the third onwards depending on the cause .

Warranty .. an item failing due to a material or manufacturing defect .. this has to be applied to every claim .

My guess .. unless something has snapped then it won't be covered .

deMort said:
Rattles on a newer car would be covered but i believe its only for the first 2 years and not the third onwards depending on the cause .

Warranty .. an item failing due to a material or manufacturing defect .. this has to be applied to every claim .

My guess .. unless something has snapped then it won't be covered .

deMort, very fair assessment as always. :thumb:

OP, would still take a punt and let the OPC go ahead with the investigation if the noise/rattle is annoying you that much.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back