Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

paint shop recommendations midlands please

Will Statt

I know there are probably loads of threads on here already, but I thought I'd ask, so I that got current recommendations. Have decided that I'm going to have the paint work niggles sorted on my coupe. I've got tiny bubbling below front and rear screen (it's a late car so perhaps not had as much time for the rot to set in) and I'm going to have it done while still 'minor' Also front and rear pu are both tattly and stone chipped, and the front wings are in need of a refresh too.
Would really appreciate good recommendations in midlands please. Obviously needs to be someone who knows 993s as both glass will have to come out.... and go back in!
Any pointers much appreciated.

Will

Manhattan motors coventry http://www.carbodyrepaircoventry.com/
I have had done exactly what you won't except for the rear screen 993 silver coupe. Also they sorted another 911 for me and that one, at least in my mind was serious sh*t, I caught one of the rear wheel arches on a post and the only way off ended with a very bent creased arched. :sad:

They were recommended to me by indie owner who sends his car there, and when I delivered my car there was another Porsche that belonged to another indie owner. These guys are old school and I highly recommend their work.

Just be aware depending on the colour a touch up job may not be on the cards at least from these guys, mine is 1997 silver, they called over and to get a good colour match they ended up spraying the front end and doors. But at least I know bubble on the windscreen scuttle was just a bubble.

Roy

Give Auto Body Shop in Newport Road, Coventry a call. They are in the same unit as PorschaWerks and have recently painted my polar silver 993.
Very impressed and he insisted that the side glass came out when painting the rear quarters and blended the front wings.
They had also just painted a Polar 993 C4S which is for sale at JR currently.

I have also used Manhattan Motors and was very pleased with the work. They were recommended by PCT.

I've had paint done at Manhattan Motors - very pleased with their work.

I also use a guy for slightly higher end finishes on some of the restoration work I've commissioned, he's local to Coventry/Kenilworth, self employed and produces amazing work. My 996 is booked in with hi next month for a tidy up.

Happy to pass on his number at your request.

takeflight said:
Manhattan motors coventry http://www.carbodyrepaircoventry.com/
I have had done exactly what you won't except for the rear screen 993 silver coupe. Also they sorted another 911 for me and that one, at least in my mind was serious sh*t, I caught one of the rear wheel arches on a post and the only way off ended with a very bent creased arched. :sad:

They were recommended to me by indie owner who sends his car there, and when I delivered my car there was another Porsche that belonged to another indie owner. These guys are old school and I highly recommend their work.

Just be aware depending on the colour a touch up job may not be on the cards at least from these guys, mine is 1997 silver, they called over and to get a good colour match they ended up spraying the front end and doors. But at least I know bubble on the windscreen scuttle was just a bubble.

Roy

This. Manhattan Motors. they know their way around a Porsche.

Scott's in Long Eaton are good for stonechips. A mate had a basalt boxster done perfectly for £300

Barkston refinishing good for a glass out job, they know Porsche's but not cheap.

For a good as factory job, if money no issue, use Chartwells in Derby.

Might be worth asking PeterS who did his.

Chartwells in Derby. They are Porsche-approved.
Further west or south west is Shorade at Cannock. Also Porsche-approved.

I've used Manhattan Motors three times over the past 6 years, firstly to do some chassis legs and later to paint the inner lips of the wheel arches of my 993. Lastly they repaired the rear end of my Boxster a year ago after someone drove into the back end. They care about their work and I'd certainly use them again.

Good luck whoever you choose 👍

I've heard today the owner of Manhattan Motors has decided to close the business. :nooo:

I've no idea on timescales but suggest if you want to get in there you do so quickly :(

ST Autobodies in Long Eaton are first class ,only problem is they are very busy.They completely restored a Porsche to a superb standard and their ability to blend in is the best I've seen [or not seen]and I'm the most critical judge of body repairs around.Hope this helps.

Teffers said:
I've heard today the owner of Manhattan Motors has decided to close the business. :nooo:

I've no idea on timescales but suggest if you want to get in there you do so quickly :(

Have just spoken to them.... they're closing on 13th December... what a shame :( Sounded v good people.

Will Statt said:
Teffers said:

Have just spoken to them.... they're closing on 13th December... what a shame :( Sounded v good people.

Circumstances very sad :(

Let me know if you want Andy Rice's number.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back