Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

60k+ mile 2015 Targa 4GTS - worth considering?

Deucedeuce

Hi folks

For those that read my 991 wanted post you'll known I'm looking for my next 911 and have come across this:

https://www.ayaanmotors.com/stock-list/10405300-porsche-911-gts-2dr-pdk/

My previous cars have all been fairly low miles and not owned for very long so I'm not very familiar with ongoing maintenance costs as the miles add up. I know what to expect in terms of standard servicing & warranty costs but perhaps you can help me with what to look out for on a 60k mile car, what might start to give me trouble, what are the costs associated etc?

I'm also not familiar with the dealer so any feedback on them would be appreciated. As it says it comes with a Porsche warranty I assume it will be on SoR?

Many thanks.

There is nothing wrong with buying a 60k mile car whatsoever, if its been maintained according to OPC schedules I'm sure it will run for many years to come, the main issue will arise when you try to sell it on.

As you have already stated, you prefer lower miles, 99% of people will be the same, so expect to get your pants pulled down come resale (I'd imagine).

Watch out for the usual stuff that wears out over time/miles... suspension components, brakes. Arguably, a higher miles car is likely to have had less stressful use than one that's done fewer miles in the hands of billy boy-racer.

As said above, make sure you are happy that the price you are paying will allow you to price it accordingly to get a sale in the future, particularly if you tend not to hang onto cars for long.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, there's certainly going to be less demand for a 60k+ car so will have to buy very well indeed.

It's the wear & tear/not covered by warranty items that I might be more likely to suffer in this car than a 20k car that worries me more than depreciation. Hopefully the bulk of the depreciation is already done at 61k miles and the 6k miles I might add on won't mean much at all (assuming all things equal).

In terms of the suspension, what do I need to be asking and what should be on the Porsche 111 check or last service (60k) in relation to this? Any idea what the bills would be from an OPC for different suspension work that might required?

Given the sums involved I would ask if I could get the car inspected, then you can get quotes for any work flagged up.

60k miles is nothing on a Porsche. I wouldn't worry about any additional maintenance costs.

Looks a lovely car. Get it bought.

It might need a set of discs and pads.

Suspension, exhaust should be fine. The rest will be covered by warranty.

Worth looking at the warranty.......when was the 111 point check done.

i.e. was it taken out as a 2 year with one year left or fresh 1 year.

As has already been pointed out, spending on an inspection is sound advice. :thumb:

I'm waiting on photos of the paperwork but apparently it was sold by OPC Chester 6 months ago (for £85k apparently) to the guy that owns Onyx detailing. The car was sourced by by the dealer it's currently on SoR with. Was sold with c55k on the clock by Chester. Reason for selling - changes cars frequently.

Had a look at my old Porsche warranty and exclusions are:

Wiper blades
Tyres
Brake pads and discs
Shock absorber*
Clutch disc and clutch pressure plate*
Drive belt including deflection and tensioning roller*
Spark plugs
Expansion tank PDCC*
Refrigerant
Bulbs (excluding Xenon & LED lamps)
Filters, fluid, oils and greases

*what are the life expectancy ranges for these items?

Deucedeuce said:
I'm waiting on photos of the paperwork but apparently it was sold by OPC Chester 6 months ago (for £85k apparently) to the guy that owns Onyx detailing. The car was sourced by by the dealer it's currently on SoR with. Was sold with c55k on the clock by Chester. Reason for selling - changes cars frequently.

Had a look at my old Porsche warranty and exclusions are:

Wiper blades
Tyres
Brake pads and discs
Shock absorber*
Clutch disc and clutch pressure plate*
Drive belt including deflection and tensioning roller*
Spark plugs
Expansion tank PDCC*
Refrigerant
Bulbs (excluding Xenon & LED lamps)
Filters, fluid, oils and greases

*what are the life expectancy ranges for these items?

Isn't it a PDK?

most of that stuff will be replaced at servicing...extra £200 on top for plugs.

Dampers should be OK at 60k

Pads AND discs are a bit expensive...so have them checked.

Battery is missing off that list.

You're right. Should have just uploaded the list!

Attachments

• dee125fb_b941_481e_8245_5b176bc4aae1_461.jpeg
    dee125fb_b941_481e_8245_5b176bc4aae1_461.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,053
Hmm. SOR... not casting aspersions at all on this particular dealer, but after some horror stories here and elsewhere, make sure the dealer has clear title to sell the car. Have a chat with the current owner if you can. Do your own search to make sure outstanding finance has been paid off. If there is outstanding finance, ideally pay the finance co yourself and the balance to the dealer if you can.

The car looks fantastic great spec, 60K is ok now but as said will hurt it on re sale when you pile a few more miles on it.

I don't like the idea of SOR why wouldn't he take it back to Chester OPC for them to buy outright & settle any finance.

I would want clear proof of title & finance settlement or maybe look elsewhere
Ultimately if you did buy it I would just use it & enjoy not worrying about miles or future defects, it is a special car after all. :?:

I'm going to be passing on this car. The dealer hasn't provided any of the info he said he would so it doesn't feel right.

Really want to deal with a private seller that has taken care of their car and just wants a bit more than they were going to trade it in for a way. Is that impossible?

Deucedeuce said:
I'm going to be passing on this car. The dealer hasn't provided any of the info he said he would so it doesn't feel right.

Really want to deal with a private seller that has taken care of their car and just wants a bit more than they were going to trade it in for a way. Is that impossible?

Good pass and that wasnt a cheap car at all. The depreciation on resale would still be massive, only people with high miles cars talk up high miles cars. Re the warranty most dealers do the 'on sale on behalf of the owner' to get round the Porsche warranty terms and conditions, doesnt mean its true.

Re the price, for 2 k more you could be in a low miles 991 Turbo with FPSH from a dealer with a very good rep?

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-911-Turbo-Pdk-For-Sale-U1463/

https://f7432d8eadcf865aa9d9-9c672a...3526/b95a8935-de3c-4435-9c5d-53b7eb6ee620.mp4

The dealer has now provided all the paperwork and everything seems to be in order. It was sold by OPC Chester last December and a fair amount of work was done on it by Chester to get it ready for sale so my thoughts are fairly positive that all of this was done only 6k miles ago. The thing that is a little worrying is the gap between service 1 & 2 - only two years but 27k miles between them.

I run a check on the car and it is showing finance outstanding but the dealer told me it had that. No other surprises.

It will need a service (#4) in 12 months and I'll want to extend the warranty too. And on that subject - can I (hypothetically speaking) add another year to the warranty now rather than waiting for the current one to expire?

Attachments

• 12584834_9c85_4cce_9e83_ea60ef01625c_101.jpeg
    12584834_9c85_4cce_9e83_ea60ef01625c_101.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,735
  • 99e2df66_afb2_45bb_94d4_e447a30c1cda_907.jpeg
    99e2df66_afb2_45bb_94d4_e447a30c1cda_907.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,735

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member