Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And may the new 718 GT4 flipping commence

isysman

Daytona
Saw my first attempt to flip a new 718 GT4 on enay today. It is a beautiful specced car though. Great colour combo if I do say so myself!

What do you think, will it make the premium? Selling for £119k

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Por...052672?hash=item3d97849180:g:8o0AAOSw9MRd0QPK

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This gets interesting as JZM have exactly the same car, colour, miles for £92,900 (minus Clubsport PCCB) :dont know:

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-718-U1717/

This was eagerly awaited by JZM to see where it pitched pricewise. As it stands its not a great deal over what it would have cost new to spec :roll: The Clubsport package would not command that much premium over the JZM priced example.

Lack of limited supply will affect premium on these and hopefully retain some value and interest in the 981 limited car batch :)

Interesting comparison but although similar colour scheme, the JZM car has steel brakes and not buckets etc. Be interesting to see where the market places these cars, considering prices are falling on every other model.

I've possibly been offered a slot... will find out in the first 1/4 of 2020. Mine will be spec'd with buckets and ceramics. I'll be using it on and off track and deffo won't be looking to sell it for a quick quid or two. This is if I get one :dont know:

Who in their right mind would pay £120k for one of these, when you can have a 991.2 GT3 for a bit more money? Crazy.

991.2GTS said:
Who in their right mind would pay £120k for one of these, when you can have a 991.2 GT3 for a bit more money? Crazy.

I agree you could get a 991.1 GT3 for this money (or less). The GT4 is such a good buy because of its price. Bump that price up and its not a good buy any longer because of what becomes available for the money.

Having said that, this is a mid engined sports car with a 4.0L engine. I bet you could get a lot more power from that engine if you unrestricted it.

Redline currently have a low mileage Ferrari 458 for sale for the same money.

I know we all love Porsches and it's a little bit like comparing apples with oranges but even still...!

Silly money for a Cayman and my dream real world car is a 981 GT4. :cloud9:

991.2GTS said:

Exactly. The GT4 is placed for those that don't want to stretch themselves to a GT3.

I've not been to the trouble of working out the 'new' cost of the JZM car but would think it's not far from the price its being offered. AND if this is a SOR or buy-in the seller is getting less than that.

As predicted the availability of these cars will burst the premium price bubble.

Also WTF orders these cars with MANUAL AC - both have it :nooo:

Ok clearly I have nothing better to do but I went on to the Porsche build your car thing and added all the features listed in this advert.

It is a very nice spec actually with most things selected. Not sure if there is anything added for delivery etc. But that's quite the mark up

Total price from Porsche came to £91,223
Ebay auction price of £119,990
Mark up on new £28,767

You can see it here on Porsche's website
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBZPFT3

isysman said:
Total price from Porsche came to £91,223
Ebay auction price of £119,990
Mark up on new £28,767

You can see it here on Porsche's website
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBZPFT3

Two hopes, Bob Hope and No Hope. Clearly the 'seller' has borrowed Jonttt's rose tinted specs with that valuation :roll:

£91k for CS with PCCB is a good price. Tjought it would be near £100k given some are optioned near that without CS

It's been around for a while at c£120k and it's not shifting. Whether that's because there appears a ready supply if you wait and many offered to buyers with no or very little Porsche buying history :dont know:

My dough would be for the GT4RS but I suspect OPC will be selective who they offer them to :x

The JZM car is, to be blunt, poverty spec. - No clubsport, carbon buckets, LED headlights, PCCB, Carbon interior, colour accents, belts, stitching etc, it has a plastic dash and is a free option colour.

With the exception of gold wheels, it appears to have zero options, its a circa £78k on the road price car.

With JZM asking £93k, its a £15k mark up.

The other car has a strong spec, and they are asking strong money!!

I have seen Syders advertised in Europe for 125k Euro.

Will it sell, probably, for ask, unlikely, but I can see a £20k premium being achieved.

There was an initial optomisum that there would be a GT4 for everyone who wanted one, this was never going to be the case, the reality is now slowing sinking in that supply is very limited, and for those that want the newest, shiniest thing and cant get an allocation, overs is the only way!

crash7 said:
The JZM car is, to be blunt, poverty spec. - No clubsport, carbon buckets, LED headlights, PCCB, Carbon interior, colour accents, belts, stitching etc, it has a plastic dash and is a free option colour.

With the exception of gold wheels, it appears to have zero options, its a circa £78k on the road price car.

Will it sell, probably, for ask, unlikely, but I can see a £20k premium being achieved.

There was an initial optomisum that there would be a GT4 for everyone who wanted one, this was never going to be the case, the reality is now slowing sinking in that supply is very limited, and for those that want the newest, shiniest thing and cant get an allocation, overs is the only way!

:hand: but you miss the elephant in the room point raised above, for that money you can get a better car :?:

:agree:

:oops:

jonttt said:
crash7 said:

:hand: but you miss the elephant in the room point raised above, for that money you can get a better car :?:

I agree you can get a better car for the money, however, it will not have the hype or be as new and shiny as the GT4.

Many who buy new GT cars do so becuae they are deemed 'exclusive' and nothing else, a used car, no matter how good, does not have the same allure to some. - This is why the overs market exists.

I'm guessing none of these sold?

They seem to be down to list price is some cases already.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back