Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Info required on Reg SL08 NFK

9266carl

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and I've just put down a deposit on my dream car being a 997 turbo. (08 reg)
The car has got 4 previous owners and covered 80000 miles benefiting from full service history.
Whilst I was looking at the service history and receipts I've noticed it's had new ohlins suspension and exhaust done by rpmtechnik and they are a sponsor on this forum.

I appreciate it's a long shot but I wondered if anyone had any information on this car and could provide any background.

Reg SL08 NFK

Thanks thumbsup

:welcome: to 911uk and to the turbo club.

Looking forward to hearing how she compares to whatever you've had before and to seeing pics. :thumb:

Might also be worth a phone call to rpmtechnik, certainly nothing to lose.
Good luck.

Google came up with an image of the car with decals on the side of it and a vynal number plate. Maybe from a road trip.

I doubt you'll get RPM to share any details of the car with you. I tried that with Porsche Guildford when I bought mine and they wouldn't share anything due to privacy reasons which I respected.

This car was Turbojim's car he was a member on here for a long time and lives in Dorset. The car has been very very well looked after and wanted for nothing in its time with Jim he is an enthusiast and loved his car. It has featured numerous times in total 911 mag ,and Jim used to write a column for Total 911. It has had a few subtle mods done but the big winner for me was that it was fitted with a Kline Inconel exhaust cost £6000 and made it sound like a proper 911. you wont be disappointed with it and glad to hear its gone to another enthusiast. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: heres a pic of it taken a few years ago :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_6328_111.jpg
    img_6328_111.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3,705
I second that, it's a great car and you won't be disappointed. Jim's a decent bloke and looked after that car. Hope to see is again at a future meet.

Enjoy!

Any idea how long ago Jim sold it? Just in case it's been somewhere else inbetween!

resigner said:
Any idea how long ago Jim sold it? Just in case it's been somewhere else inbetween!

He's only just sold it in the last few weeks , it went I think to a Dealer. He did tell the local guys he was selling it as he wanted to scratch another itch. :thumb:

resigner said:

He first mentioned on here that he was selling it on November 6th.

Phil 997 said:
This car was Turbojim's car he was a member on here for a long time and lives in Dorset. The car has been very very well looked after and wanted for nothing in its time with Jim he is an enthusiast and loved his car. It has featured numerous times in total 911 mag ,and Jim used to write a column for Total 911. It has had a few subtle mods done but the big winner for me was that it was fitted with a Kline Inconel exhaust cost £6000 and made it sound like a proper 911. you wont be disappointed with it and glad to hear its gone to another enthusiast. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: heres a pic of it taken a few years ago :grin: :thumb:

Ah :wink: that's my son Joe ... Total 911 meet at OPC , when he charged Jim and Lee Sibley £5 to clean their alloys :floor:

Jim's car is a lovely example , no hesitation in recommending that. Owned by true enthusiast.

I just want to say thank you to all of you, what a cracking bunch for taking the time and effort to reply to me.
I've been reassured by the comments and I'm getting very excited as I collect it on Saturday morning..

Just sold my f10 M5 but been wanting one of these for a long time.

:thumbs:

Did he possibly have any threads that he put on here with the mods that he did.

9266carl said:

If you look up the profile of Turbojim997 you will be able to scroll through his 450+ posts.
Happy reading. :thumbs:

pzero said:
9266carl said:

If you look up the profile of Turbojim997 you will be able to scroll through his 450+ posts.
Happy reading. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back