Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 spoiler disable!

Lee997

Planning on fitting a fixed spoiler this weekend! Although I have access to a Launch diagnostic pad I'm not sure where to look.

So if I don't disable in the cars electronics until I get to my indi Monday will it cause an issue apart from a warning light?
What will the car do ? (Wheels fall off ect-?)

Lee.

Hi Lee, think I replied on fb but incase not,
If you fit the fixed spoiler it'll only generate an error if you
1. Hit the spoiler button
2. Go over c. 73mph
3. If engine compartment temp gets High - unlikely in winter and on a short trip

Indy can code for fixed spoiler, should be in a couple of spots iirc, rear control unit for auto lift, think front cu to turn off the button.

How did the fit go?
Hth

jonno_ said:
Hi Lee, think I replied on fb but incase not,
If you fit the fixed spoiler it'll only generate an error if you
1. Hit the spoiler button
2. Go over c. 73mph
3. If engine compartment temp gets High - unlikely in winter and on a short trip

Indy can code for fixed spoiler, should be in a couple of spots iirc, rear control unit for auto lift, think front cu to turn off the button.

How did the fit go?
Hth

Hi jonno, thanks for info, gives me an idea where to look.
Don't think cooling will be an issue as fixed spoiler has the two air scoops directing air into engine bay and it keeps the original fan !

Didn't get it fitted at weekend going to do it during the week.

Lee.

Hi Lee. I fitted a Duck tail fixed spoiler and I used a Foxwell NT520 pro to disable the spoiler as the alarm was annoying when going over 73mph and then alarms when you slow down again!

Not sure of your location but I am near Peterborough if you want to use my Foxwell. Cheers Mark

Blooders said:
Hi Lee. I fitted a Duck tail fixed spoiler and I used a Foxwell NT520 pro to disable the spoiler as the alarm was annoying when going over 73mph and then alarms when you slow down again!

Not sure of your location but I am near Peterborough if you want to use my Foxwell. Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark, very kind offer, however I have around £1500 worth of Launch diagnostic m/c here with me but unsure we're to find the option!

Spoilers fitted now and just the journey home was enough to annoy the hell out of me!

Lee.

Off hand i can't remember where it is but i would start with the rear end control unit coding as thats the logical place .. if not have a look in gateway.

btw if possible could you add what car you have in a signature .. Gen 1 and 2 are pretty different when it comes to things like this :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back