Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Magnus Walker's new 996.2

Under £4000 for a slate grey 996.2, nice wheels, upgraded suspension, running well, manual with 145,000m on the clock in good condition.

Some folk here have spent more than that on maintenance for a year on a car costing 3 times the price.

It's especially hilarious amongst those who hail 996 as a "future classic" and "investment opportunity"

I suspect that with Magnus' blessing, 996s are going to get just that little bit cooler... 8)

Which is fine by me. I still have a strange hankering for the original 20 year old (996) GT3 so I can scare myself silly.

Interesting step for him.
I love the colour (admittedly am biased)

Whilst not trying to talk up the price of 996s, it does seem unusually cheap....I dont think its representative of the market. But could be wrong....

Not familiar with who/what Magnus is, but he says he wasn't looking and someone approached him with it - not quite the same as going out and looking for one to buy is it?

It would be good to learn how much Magnus actually spends on the car to get it to the condition of his other cars. I really can't see him accepting anything less.

TurboRob said:
Not familiar with who/what Magnus is, but he says he wasn't looking and someone approached him with it - not quite the same as going out and looking for one to buy is it?

That makes sense. He already owns his favourite 996 and that's his Mk2 GT3.
:wink:

The 996 has such a poor reputation in the US - reckon they can be picked up pretty cheaply. Largley where all the internet negativity comes from. Build some reliability back in to the package and enjoy the smugness.

He says himself in the video - they offered to give it to him for free.

$5k is not representative of the car's true value especially given that he says it 'runs awesome.'

so Magnus like 996 before:

and if you like that 996 gt3 watch what kind of monster it is:

TurboRob said:

Magnus Walker is a hairy bloke from Sheffield, looks like a tramp, now living and working in LA, where he developed an incredible passion for Porsche.

Someone made a film about him:

https://www.reelhouse.org/mos/urbanoutlaw

Thanks 77, what a car. Love it. Imagine throwing 200kEUR at a race car builder and telling them to make a monster!

YEAHHH, craziest part about it is even more twisted..... most of all these racing lads prefer "the worst" Porsche ever.... 996

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back