Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rick Stein's new series in a 997.1

FZP

Zandvoort
I love a food show and Rick is a firm fave, but he's done up a notch by driving around France in the summer in a 997.1 Carrera S ragtop. Does it get much better than that :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

You beat me to it!! Was just gonna post the same.

To quote (in the Daily Mail):

This time round, I swapped the barge for my 12-year-old Porsche. My director wanted me to drive an old MGB, but I said: 'Look, Dave, I know it's a Porsche, but it's a convertible, and there's nothing more romantic than cruising through rolling countryside in an open-top car.'

He let me have my way.

Is it on Foodnetwork channel? I missed it🤦🏻"â™€ï¸

I'm almost certain I heard him say it's his actual car. Was in the other room, but could be wrong.

I read it is his actual car.
Good old Rick. Top bloke in a top car!

Yes it's his. Y333MRB if you spot it anywhere.

j80WPE9.jpg

Robert SausageTrousers said:

Surely he can afford a 991 :dont know: :grin:

I must admit, I did find myself on Autotrader looking at 997 cabrio's after watching this last week :lol:

Good on him I say. Shame he had to self consciously (well, that's how it came across to me anyway) explain his decision to drive around France in an 'old' Porsche, that was just tabloid damage limitation if you ask me

We visited his restaurant in Padstow back in the summer, worth a trip, food was excellent. My starter was oysters charentaise (had to google what it was called), wasn't sure what to expect, but it worked very well 8)

As for the 991, I'm sure a Porsche Ambassadorship awaits following this tv show, he'll be in free Porsches for life before we know it :?: :grin:

He is without a doubt my favourite TV chef ........ he is so relaxing to watch ....... and so pleased he is a Porsche fan too ....... :) :thumb:

'That is one mind-bending curry Ricky'

Love him, so down to earth, good info on the places he visits as well. Look forward to watching this series.

MC

This must have been his insparation :floor: :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• img_0228_951_206.jpg
    img_0228_951_206.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 14,325

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456