Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Crane

vlad

Sao Paulo
Hi, what do you guys use, can you recommend one?

Or a place that hires them? (I am based in the south east Nr. Reading), might make more sense as first task will be to unload from van (its an engine I have purchased), and then it won't be required until post rebuild which I imagine will be many months!

Hi there

We have a Clarke one in the farm workshop which gets used occasionally and seems pretty well built - think its about 2 tonne capacity but they come smaller as well. Think they start around £180
If you are going to just need it for one lift, looking online you can hire them from HSS who operate all over the UK as far as I know (around £55/day).

If it was me I'd round up a few mates and just handball the thing out with some straps over a scaffold bar or similar so that several of you can take the weight - not sure what a flat 6 engine weighs but cant be over 200 kg max surely?? That's only 50 kg each

Or assuming you are going to have to get an engine stand for the rebuild, most of them come with wheels - you could probably get it close enough to the back doors of the van with the legs underneath to get the motor bolted on anyway then just wheel it away on the stand.

Promise of free beer would probably result in enough willing bodies to handball it off though.

Cheers....Ian

I think mine came from Machine Mart, must have had it 25 years. It has had a new o-ring seal but that is all it has needed. so long as you have the space to store it they pay for themselves over time if you play around with cars. It is nice to be able to move stuff around without needing help.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back