Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do you think my engine torque mount needs replacing?

golfprorich

Trainee
Well... :?:

Attachments

• c45c9e7c_4f70_4cea_9bb8_ddd70b655b6e_490.jpeg
    c45c9e7c_4f70_4cea_9bb8_ddd70b655b6e_490.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,670
i have a suspension that you might be correct

911UK said:

Ordered!!

Have just been replacing the AOS membrane and thought I'd check the mount whilst I was under the bonnet.....the rest is history :eek:

MarkGolf said:
Oh wow!

I replaced mine for a powerflex bush and that made a great improvement to initial pull away.

You'll certainly notice a difference with whatever you fit!

I was thinking about just doing the larger bush but even the small one has play :x :x

deMort said:
Yup ... that's all i can say :)

It will be done before you get your hands on it for the transmission fluid change!
I did stop in last week and had a chat with Peter about the car :thumb:

golfprorich said:
911UK said:

Ordered!!

Have just been replacing the AOS membrane and thought I'd check the mount whilst I was under the bonnet.....the rest is history :eek:

Where did you get your membrane from?

Matrixxxx said:
golfprorich said:
911UK said:

Ordered!!

Where did you get your membrane from?

Ebay item number 17281480572, though you can order from their website. Took a week to arrive.
Getting the AOS cap off is a bit of a faff but with two or three flat end screwdrivers it doesn't take long. Give the cap some heat to soften the locking tabs and a chance to move without breaking them and work your way round prising them off. I think there's six but once you've done four it will then come off.
I did mine because I removed the AOS pipe when doing my waterpump and noticed a reasonable amount of oil in it. Be careful if you do remove the pipe, they break with very little effort and the Porsche replacement is extortionate. I broke mine so just removed the ends and replaced the broken flexi-pipe with some I already had. The only difference to the Porsche flexi is that it's not pre-formed.

golfprorich said:
deMort said:

It will be done before you get your hands on it for the transmission fluid change!

Ohh that's on my list.. Just listed all the parts I need and looked into what I have to do for the job! I don't have durametric or any means of measuring the fluid temp so I may fall over before I even begin, need an infrared temp gun if I can't get hold of something that reads the temp through the OBD. I plan on changing the filter, sump gasket, m6 sump bolts and the fluid. Looks like Toyota Type 4 fluid or Mobil 3309 is the one unless you're going for the Porsche fluid. :worship:

MarkGolf said:
golfprorich said:
deMort said:

Ohh that's on my list.. Just listed all the parts I need and looked into what I have to do for the job! I don't have durametric or any means of measuring the fluid temp so I may fall over before I even begin, need an infrared temp gun if I can't get hold of something that reads the temp through the OBD. I plan on changing the filter, sump gasket, m6 sump bolts and the fluid. Looks like Toyota Type 4 fluid or Mobil 3309 is the one unless you're going for the Porsche fluid. :worship:

I don't have Durametric and haven't checked if my Autel can read fluid temp. But it's 1.3 hours labour and whilst I'd normally do something like this myself I'm going to give myself a treat and let the Indy do it. Correct fluid level is critical and with only axle stands and potentially no way of reading the fluid temp I'm quite happy to pass this job on. Research has led me to believe the Porsche oil is indeed Mobil 3309 so I'll get that from Opie as they have 10% off and free delivery. Half the price of the same stuff in a Porsche container!

Is this just preventative maintenance, or are you experiencing any issues?

MarkGolf said:
Yeah I was going for the 3309, although last night I actually found oil which is made by the gearbox manufacturer, same stuff as 3309.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/porsche-...ayenne&hash=item3d88a7da99:g:tdQAAOSwrw1ctZ2s

I'm with you, I am also half tempted to book the job in for someone else to take care of, on a level ramp, in the warm by someone who knows what they are doing. Iainnnnnn!! :)

I had seen that oil, its a good price!

However I've ordered the Mobil 3309 and I'll let the indy fit a Porsche filter and sump gasket. I've read about some aftermarket gaskets leaking so to avoids issues its Porsche parts this time :thumb:

I've got it booked in but not till December due to logistics :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back