Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Smell of death

RUDDY

Monza
My wifes 986 has developed an awful smell when the washer jets are used, proper smells like something is dead in the reservoir, I've changed the fluid and filled the tank with boiling water to dissinfect it, using genuine Porsche fluid (was a gift ) , still smells.

Cabin is bone dry and the car has a hard top fitted all year round due to rear window tear, its on a list to sort.

The smell comes instantly the washer jets are used.

I'll try cleaning the reservoir again but just wondered if anyone had experienced similar ?

Cheers

I have....... MANY MANY moons ago......... I used a plastic milk bottle to fill up the reservoir, i rinsed it out obviously...... but the tiny remnants remained and the plastic washer bottle went black inside with mould, heat from the engine bay must have created the exact environment for creating penicillin, the furry stuff blocked the nozzles and in the end i replaced the bottle, nozzle and pipes but the smell remained,

Get some Milton sterilising tabs in there and run the whole lot thro the system,

I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to use a milk bottle to fill up the res but something similar could have been used ?

Wack some fairy liquid in your washer bottle few a few fill-ups (only a quick squirt each time).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back