Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Changing to a 991.2 - No Sport Chrono

Vortex

Hi, I've been looking at changing my 2011 997.2 for a 991.2 Carrera S. Both are manual cars but the 991.2 I'm looking at doesn't have Sport Chrono. The dealer says it doesn't matter as it's a manual (what he should of said is it doesn't matter as much as with a PDK). The pricing of the car takes into account the missing Sport Chrono but the market is fairly dead at the moment from all accounts. The car is a strange spec in that it has rear wheel steer, sports exhaust etc. I've been thinking of changing my 997.2 for a while but have been really happy with it so the idea of parting with it has been difficult (tried hard to do the man maths to keep both but it isn't really a sensible option).

Thoughts? all views appreciated

I just made the move from a 997 to a 991. My 997.1 was a Turbo Cab with a manual gearbox. The new car is a 991.2 GTS Carrera 2 with a manual gearbox.

The 991.2 is better then the 997.1 in every way. My 991.2 has Sports Chrono and it makes it easier to change into Sport, Sport Plus or my individual combination.

Sports Chrono is definitely worth having.

If I owned and enjoyed a 911 (manual) without sport chrono, it wouldn't bother me one jot. But unfortunately it will probably impact resale potential. Not massively I wouldn't have thought but maybe a little.

I was in a position to consider changing my 997.2 for a 991.1 a few weeks ago. I was also tempted by the drop in prices on the 991.2.

However, I ended up deciding to keep my 997 because I couldn't justify the cost of upgrading...yet. The 997 is just too good. IMHO :p

Prices have fallen in recent months and I think they will continue to fall given what's happening with the economy. I do think 997 prices will also fall so with current pricing it is all relative.

If you do see value in trading up I don't think there is any reason to rush but rather sit on your options until your unicorn spec appears. No need to compromise yet ;)

SC is a must.
I wouldnt have a Porsche without it.
8)

Well ...... Just to complete the story I brought it! The car was a great spec apart from Sport Chrono so I got over the fact it didn't have Sport Chrono especially as I never really used it in my old car. Other spec includes:

Adaptive Sports Seats 18-Way Electric
Rear Wheel Steer
PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control inc PASM)
LED Main Headlights in Black Including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
Park Assist Front and Rear
20-inch Carrera Classic Wheels
Sports Exhaust
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
Bose

Thanks for all your input.

Here it is ..

That is simply stunning!
Love the colour!
Congratulations :thumb:

Beautiful :worship:

If it was a PDK I'd be :envy: even without the SC.

Lovely colour - enjoy

Congrats, it looks absolutely stunning.

Super! :thumb:

No one has mentioned that you can have sport retro fitted inc the buttons but without the clock for around £1000 and as the clock really does nothing its got to be the way to go :thumb: :thumb: this way you have a stunning car in a great colour and will have sport option :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back