Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen blower not working

Chris G

Trainee
Hey,

Half of the blowers on my windscreen aren't doing anything, meaning in wet weather the car just fogs up!

Passenger side is ok and clears.

Any ideas before I take a look?

Check the hot air pipe in the drivers footwell behind the carpet. It may be damaged.

As above + additionally it is worth having a quick look/listen to make sure the rear/engine compartment fan is working as well - it makes a huge difference as I found out a few weeks ago - luckily it was a simple fix - the 30A fuse had blown
:thumb:

I should have mentioned the blower motor in the engine bay has been replaced with a bypass

Thanks for the replies, where are the blower fans?

Will check the hot air pipe in the drivers foot well too

Chris G said:
Thanks for the replies, where are the blower fans?

Will check the hot air pipe in the drivers foot well too

In the front scuttle. Take off the plastic covering between the trunk and wiper scuttle. They are in there. Be warned they aint cheap but I think a few companies now are doing non-oem :dont know:

Have a look at this informative site http://p-car.com/diy and then navigate to here to understand where they are and how you can get to them, :what: http://p-car.com/diy/ac/

You're not going that far in but it gives you and idea. Access can be gained by removing the plastic cover but it's tight. It's also useful to check all your flap switches are operating on demand :thumb:

ToreB's site is also good for diagnosing HVAC issues

Thanks for replies and advice, will hopefully get chance to take a peep this weekend

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back