Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic Oil pipe replacement.

deMort

Monaco
This is on an early 996 and there are X2 boxes fitted depending on the year so it may not be the same as yours .. but the pictures are all i have so write up is for this model .

First image .. heavily corroded but not leaking , in theory this could be done with it in situ .. probably not an easy job but i feel its possible .. never tried to be honest .

Engine out for other work so this was done at the same time .. it also shows you what you are trying to achieve if done in situ .

The bolts whilst very rusty came undone with no bother , the 10mm bolt holding the bracket / gear position switch pack wasn't so easy ..

I could feel it was tight so undo a few mm .. do up a few mm .. keep doing this .. it finally came undone and was replaced .

These pipes do look horrendous but to be fair there was still a reasonable amount of metal left in them .

Undo bolt , remove plate .. hammer and hit it from side to side .. DON'T go mad .. you are trying to free it off NOT snap the gearbox !!

A little wiggling at the same time and they came out .

If in situ then a pry bar to do the same .. they don't enter the gearbox more than a cm so will come out with a bit of persuasion .

Right click image and select open in new tab .. chrome for a much larger image .

Attachments

• tip_4_175.jpg
    tip_4_175.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 802
  • tip_3_129.jpg
    tip_3_129.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 802
  • tip_2_181.jpg
    tip_2_181.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 802
  • tip_1_172.jpg
    tip_1_172.jpg