Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Semi solid engine mounts.

Jimmyfish

Good morning all.
I need to replace my engine mounts and I'm looking to go down the semi solid route.
Can anyone recommend the best place to buy from in the uk (and the best prices if possible). :lol:

Hi Jimmy , welcome to the forum. the options for me would be

Rennline adjustable semi solids, I used these on my gen 1 and was happy on the yellow bush which is the softest. mininal NVH

RSS semi solid engine mounts ,I have these on my gen2 and IMO they are perfect with minimal NVH.

Function first semi semi solid engine mounts , I fitted these to my gen2 and removed them very quickly as too much NVH

Porsche 993RS OE engine mounts , not tried but hear excellent things about these fitted to the 997 with longer bolts.

WEVO not tested no info.

best do a bit of research decide which you want then look for the best price , should you go to Design911 forum members get a 5% discount. :thumb:

Hi Jimmy,
+1 for the RSS, I fitted these to my Gen 1 over a year ago. I'd say one of the best and easiest mods I've ever done, gear shift feels a lot more positive and the car just feels tighter. Got mine from D911 with discount.
I also got the gearbox mount insert at the same time but not got round to fitting yet (job for this winter with a few more mods), guess all the play was in the old original engine mounts.
cheers
Tony.

I got the RSS from Design911, and I'd recommend them - tightens things up nicely.

Another vote for the RSS mounts from me. An added bonus I found was the engine sounded more sporty! Guess its transmitting more noise into the cabin but it sounded miles better than before.

I fitted the RSS a coupe of years ago, and can only echo what others have said. A great mod and makes the car feel much less wayward at the back end.

Do you have a link to these RSS mounts, just been on their site and can see various bushes both standard and modified but can't see the RSS Jobbies ?

Thanks,

first question what is the car used for?

mostly track then go for RSS or torque solutions.

go for the 993 RS ones if more of a road as they are not as brutal as the pure semi solid ones like RSS and bit more rubber in them. I put them in my 997 C2s and love them and no real extra NVH. back end tied in loads more and power goes down better than tired old oem mounts.

i have Torque solutions on my old 996 GT3 mk2 and they can make things harsher on the road and a lot more engine noise and vibration.

speak to Matt at Type 911 near Beckenham as he is the main man for the best price and the kit.

link here and I paid 125 cash collected.
https://type911shop.co.uk/996-/-997-RS-Engine-Mount-Set-Aftermarket

also on design 911 for same kit:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...&utm_source=adrac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=

Design dont have stock of the RSS versions, and with fittings the RS kit works out at £180 ? :dont know:

Thanks for all the advice guys.
The car is almost solely used on the road so I suppose the 993 option would probably be my best bet. I do like the RSS mounts though and I assume they would last longer than the 993 option but I don't want too much extra noise or vibration.

Jimmy , I use my car for fast road with RSS and no issues at all with NVH ,ideally you would get to a meet and try cars with both RSS and 993rs ,I must admit had I not been happy with the RSS my next option was going to be the 993RS its important to note you will need to do a good few hundred miles for them to bed in and settle so dont be :eek: :eek: :wall: :wall: :finger: :finger: :duh: :duh: when you first fit them and drive the car , I think most of us when first fitting semi solids were OMG what have I done :grin: but it soon settles nicely :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back