Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Battery Replacement

Geoffers997

Hello Everyone,
My much cherished 991 is displaying the dreaded 'low battery' warning more and more often so I'm thinking its time to replace the battery. I reckon I've had fair use as its the original battery and the car is about 7 years old.

The car is midway through a 2 year extended Porsche warranty so I think I'm obliged to buy an OEM battery. The Banner OEM ones have a 4 year warranty and aren't much more than the non-OEM offerings.

My question is this: Does the new battery need to be coded to the car - Google is telling me conflicting stories and I want to get it right.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

For the warranty then it does need to be a porsche battery .

yes it does need to be coded to the car is the correct answer.

However .. it can be fitted and not coded .. you have the possibility of things like stop start not working though and possible charging issues as the car still thinks it has an old worn battery fitted .

So in essence its a yes and a no !

Many thanks for the reply, I've put feeliers out to my local OPC, Indy and a mobile Porsche outfit - I'll post my findings when the job is done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back