Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Speedster

pierrebear said:
https://youtu.be/Z-g-QeFVr0E

:D
..you'll enjoy 53 pages of coverage here then :D:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/509658-rennlist-pca-member-s-993-speedster.html

Created by Ninemeister/9m, they did one that lives in the UK too! Build thread here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/524515-new-9m93-speedster-widebody-full-build-in-detail.html

...and another from them:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-for...000-mile-rhd-993-convertible-what-colour.html

The effort/labour/expertise on these builds looks incredible... presumably the cost, too :eek:.

grahampm on here owns the first 993 speedster 9M produced. Nice looking thing but best used in roof down mode I believe.

interesting vid, thanks for posting, I enjoyed that it gave what seemed like a real insight to the pleasure involved in the process of the choices made and effort put into creating a special car that fits ones personal desires, and at the opposite end of the financial spectrum from my introduction to Porsche ownership. (-:

The vid could of course be part of a package created to enhance or maintain the perceptions of the investment involved in the machines creation, but the enthusiast in me wants to believe she owns the Porsche and means what she says, which added to my enjoyment while watching the vid. I do appreciate the idea of sharing experience and how else could I have the opportunity to share such a rare and special car.. The lady is easier on the eye than Jay Leno, though not made up to look too attractive, which made her more believable as a Porsche petrol head rather than a pure poseur.. ?

The path to my first Porsche was slightly different, in that there was a lot of cutting out of corrosion with my grinder, causing the air in the garage to be filled with dust, call it ode de Porsche decay.. (-: That followed with the variety of processes involved such as burning and scraping underseal, and occasionally skin, while cutting bending, shaping and welding metal to create the patchwork Porsche to be proud of. All once the Nitromors had helped remove the yellow enamel top coat, the slightly easier to remove black coat below and some of the original orange coat that was left below that, prior to smoothing out the patches with filler and filling the air and my lungs with dust while rubbing it down to create an approximate Porsche like shape, prior to filling the air again with the fumes,this time that of thinners and various paint process... Rubbed, scrubbed and polished to as near perfection as I could manage.... All to create a one of a kind ...err..hand crafted .patchwork Porsche.... sorry no vid, but you get my drift...(-:

No way am I attempting to undermine the vid or the very different processes involved in the creation of the wonderful speedster, or the enjoyment of it by it`s fortunate owner(s), just more my attempt to provide an alternative insight to the possibility of a different journey to arrive at a sense of pride of ownership, perhaps much the same as others have done on this forum in a wide variety of ways.. :?: :thumb:

Mine is now coming up 10 years old!! Bloody hell; where's that gone!
Marc Clowes left 9M a few years back, and now has his own build centre in Stoke area and is still creating cars under the name of MLR Porsche.
He has the Tangerine 993 Speedster (build number 4) and is currently on with #6th car - to be sent back to the US where it originated from.
Graham

Wow that went quickly, remember following the build.

grahampm said:
Mine is now coming up 10 years old!! Bloody hell; where's that gone!
Marc Clowes left 9M a few years back, and now has his own build centre in Stoke area and is still creating cars under the name of MLR Porsche.
He has the Tangerine 993 Speedster (build number 4) and is currently on with #6th car - to be sent back to the US where it originated from.
Graham

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back