Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 headlights

Steve Wright

I have xenon but I cant say there much good, is this the norm.

The headlights on mine are about the best I've ever had on any car, I couldn't believe how good they were the first time I drove mine at night. Are you sure yours aren't faulty? :?

Gray79 said:
The headlights on mine are about the best I've ever had on any car, I couldn't believe how good they were the first time I drove mine at night. Are you sure yours aren't faulty? :?
What cars have you had, there prehistoric now . New stuff is a 100 times better 😆

Steve Wright said:
Gray79 said:
What cars have you had, there prehistoric now . New stuff is a 100 times better 😆

I've owned approx 50 cars in my time, I currently have a new BMW with the upgrade led lights and a new Navara Tekna, the 997 has better lights than both of those.

Gray79 said:
Steve Wright said:
Gray79 said:

I've owned approx 50 cars in my time, I currently have a new BMW with the upgrade led lights and a new Navara Tekna, the 997 has better lights than both of those.
That's phenomenal. Your bulbs must have been updated that's all I can think.

Steve Wright said:
Gray79 said:
Steve Wright said:
Gray79 said:

That's phenomenal. Your bulbs must have been updated that's all I can think.

That is a possibility, I've never checked to see if they are standard or not.

My headlights are also really good, I've got two other cars both with LED headlights and they are on a par with these, I'd check your bulbs ?

C4Silver said:
My headlights are also really good, I've got two other cars both with LED headlights and they are on a par with these, I'd check your bulbs ?
Think I better , one of the candles may not be on 😆

is changing a xenon bulb the same as any normal bulb, just pop headlight out and remove the back

Steve Wright said:
is changing a xenon bulb the same as any normal bulb, just pop headlight out and remove the back

Little bit more involved, should be a tool in the tool key like a long hex key inserts into a Invisible hole in the carpet in the Frunk, a good hard twist and the hole headlight unit unlocks and slides forward, unplug then unscrew the cover at the back to expose the internals !

Youtube is your freind.

just to add to Lee,s post ..

Plastic box which is behind the tool cubby . front boot , panel at the rear with x2 plastic screws you twist and it will pull forward ..

take the long allen key tool ..

Remove the round rubber bung behind the carpet .. this just pulls outwards .. its behind the headlight and under the carpet so look in this area ... plastic screw holds carpet in its position , unscrew it .

Insert the allen key and wiggle it until it seats then turn ... for the life of me i can't remember which way to turn it but one way unlocks and the other will just be solid ..

headlamp will push forward .. lift it out and check for any harness still fitted .. some light units have a seperate harness ..

remove .. change bulb .. use wd40 or similar in the guide tubes .. this will help with reinstalling .

Look at the base of the headlight .. x2 .. well four plastic feet .. align these with the runners they sit in ..

gently push the headlight back into place and use the locking tool to " put it home " .. a click will indicate its seated .

never force these in place .. if tight then remove and try again .

Yeh that's cool I have had lights out on previous Porsche's just checking there is no difference once you get them out changing the bulbs. I've seen some hazard warning stickers on xenon bulbs before.
Just had the car serviced and the height sensor was seized so a new one was fitted and I've not tried the lights since maybe that will help if they was pointing to low.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back