Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM swap

Lee997

Monza
Hi all, found this on fleebay (item 193142017425) can't work out if it's be messed with / modded as the description states has windows CE ?

Also it looks like it's working in a 997.1 which is what I have!

Does anyone know if the latter unit (ie- the one for sale) will swap out into my 997.1 ?

I'd like to get Bluetooth functionality so I can use my phone and obviously music from my phone which this latter unit allows!

Lee.

had one of those in my Cayman a few years ago. its a Hualigan Chinese headunit.. worked well to be fair.. they do run windows CE

if you have BOSE, you need to have the little convertor box, if the listing included one of those then it should be a straight swap.. the one I bought had this convertor included as part of the pack.

slackster said:
just remembered i posted a youtube video of it fitted years ago :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2zcVUnHi_c

That's fantastic, thanks for the help!

I didn't realise it wasn't a genuine
PORSCHE head unit (should have guessed by the price).

So I don't have Bose system in mine but does use the MOST fibre connection however I'm guessing that I can do away with both the satnav DVD and CD changer so wouldn't require the fibre at all ?

Also how did you get what looked like TV broadcasts on yours?

Lee

Yeah put MOST loopbacks in place of the DVD changer and telephone unit if you've got those.

Thes units will also take an external DVB-T tuner for live tv input as well as you having the ability to play from the dvd or the SDcard slot.

Telephone connectivity/clarity was pretty good too. The map software is downloadable and customisable, only flaw i guess is no apple carplay or android equivalent on this unit.

Have a look at xtrons units too, more expensive but more features and different coloured fascias

slackster said:
Yeah put MOST loopbacks in place of the DVD changer and telephone unit if you've got those.

Thes units will also take an external DVB-T tuner for live tv input as well as you having the ability to play from the dvd or the SDcard slot.

Telephone connectivity/clarity was pretty good too. The map software is downloadable and customisable, only flaw i guess is no apple carplay or android equivalent on this unit.

Have a look at xtrons units too, more expensive but more features and different coloured fascias

Thanks for the help I'll take a look.

Lee.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back