Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car cut out and now won't start

polar964

Hi Folks,
Hope you can shed some light please.
Took the car out today to stretch its legs! It started off the button as always, literally first turn. Ticking over sweet as a nut. Went down the road, a mile and a half tops onto a dual carriage way went to accelerate and car died and as it did the revs dropped to zero. Coasted to a halt, fortunately in a lay-by. Attempted to restart, but wouldn't fire up not even an attempt. Had a spare DME relay which I replaced, unfortunately this made no difference.
Ended up getting the recovery home.
What do you think? what shall I try next?
Thanks for reading
Cheers
Paul

ras62 said:
Crank position sensor the most likely culprit

Thanks for your reply ras62.

I was reading a post with similar issue where the CPS was mentioned, but unfortunately the OP had not indicated whether or how the issue was resolved.

Cheers
Paul

polar964 said:
ras62 said:
Crank position sensor the most likely culprit

Thanks for your reply ras62.

I was reading a post with similar issue where the CPS was mentioned, but unfortunately the OP had not indicated whether or how the issue was resolved.

Cheers
Paul

Car all sorted. It was the CPS.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back