Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 brought back

Simon d

Hi brought a used 992s with 800 miles on the clock from Porsche Cardiff
10 weeks ago passengers electric seat failed when collecting the car, then 1st breakdown in the car ignition switch failure 9 hours at road side while the AA scratched there heads on how to recover the car.
Car went back for both electric seat components to be replaced followed by second break down last Sunday ignition switch failure again 6 hours at road side.
Monday morning the car was rejected and the finance is being unwound.
Porsche Cardiff have been brilliant all the way through my dealings so far.
I have decided to wait 6-12 months for them to sort out there issues then will purchase a new one again in my opinion waiting for future development is less heart breaking.
Hope this helps any body thinking of purchasing one in the near future cheers.

Cardiff has been good to me once with a Cayman which I had rejected.

Simon d said:
Hi brought a used 992s with 800 miles on the clock from Porsche Cardiff
10 weeks ago passengers electric seat failed when collecting the car, then 1st breakdown in the car ignition switch failure 9 hours at road side while the AA scratched there heads on how to recover the car.
Car went back for both electric seat components to be replaced followed by second break down last Sunday ignition switch failure again 6 hours at road side.
Monday morning the car was rejected and the finance is being unwound.
Porsche Cardiff have been brilliant all the way through my dealings so far.
I have decided to wait 6-12 months for them to sort out there issues then will purchase a new one again in my opinion waiting for future development is less heart breaking.
Hope this helps any body thinking of purchasing one in the near future cheers.

Never good news to hear a car being plagued with issues.

Good to hear that OPC Cardiff managed this well.

What was the reg on the car, so we can ID this car with build issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back