Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Feel daft for asking but ?

Lee997

Monza
Ok so this is my first Porsche, 2005 997.1, and I love it.

Few jobs needed doing and only yesterday I ticked another off the list.

I bought it knowing the CD changer didn't work or even register, bi5 after reading lots about it I stripped it out yesterday took it to pieces on my dining table after testing and finding I had bother 12 volts and optic signal.

After stripping down quite some way I found the cartridge eject mechanism and released the cartridge where I found 3-4 disks inside.

On removing I found one cd that has a split in it at least 1cm from the edge.

Clearly this was the cause of the jam.

Put it all back together and refitted in the Frunk, to find it worked?.

BUT, for the life of me I cannot find how to change disk using the PCM, I thought you pressed the CD button then the corresponding disk number?

This doesn't work, all disks are highlighted and it automatically goes to next disk at end of play of first disk.

how do you advance a disk or select a given disk?

Lee.

Do you not have the PCM 2.1 user manual in the cars handbook wallet ?

PM me your email addy and I can send you the PCM 2.1 manual in a pdf file :thumb:

More a question for the owners rather than me but i assumed you press the cd button once for single cd and twice for the stack system .

After that you press 1-6 for the cd and the arrow button for the next track.

It's going to be explained in the pcm handbook .

Fair play for stripping the unit and fixing it though .. :thumb:

Jammed cd is a common fault but removing them isn't always easy .

deMort said:
More a question for the owners rather than me but i assumed you press the cd button once for single cd and twice for the stack system .

After that you press 1-6 for the cd and the arrow button for the next track.

It's going to be explained in the pcm handbook .

Fair play for stripping the unit and fixing it though .. :thumb:

Jammed cd is a common fault but removing them isn't always easy .

Good old DeMort comes to the rescue again, thank you for the simple explanation, and no I didn't press twice. I'll give it a go tomorrow?

Many thanks, just glad I fixed it!

Lee.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back