Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Updating PCM software.

Lee997

Monza
Just purchased 2015-2016 official porsche navigation disk (got it for not a lot of money).
The seller stated I might have to update the PCM software first (which he kindly sent free of charge.

There's no instructions so guess it's a case of sticking in disk1 then follow instructions hopefully.
I've got an official licensed porsche nav disk, 2 copied discl and a disk titled multimedia.

Anyone have any knowledge, before I take the plunge.

2005 C2 997.1 with PCM2

Lee

I'm a little dubious about doing this as i'm unsure you have the correct discs so i'll just say what i remember from when i used to do these and leave it upto you .. my disclaimer if you wish .

We had to get the software for the PCM to the current version .. this depends on what version you already have ..

Often it was done in stages so one disc to raise it to the next version and then another to get it to the current one .

After that you use the new nav disc .

Often the pcm cd wouldn't read the software discs .. we had to keep removing and reinstalling them for it to start the update .

technically this won't wipe the nav software unlike the pcm 3 and so if it doesn't work you will still have the original maps .

Press main and trip buttons at the same time to see software version .. i believe something like 3.1 or 3.4 is the latest version .

It's been a good few years since i have done this though .

You may also need the battery on charge whilst doing this .. it can take a while and you don't do it with the engine running .. well you could i guess but we didn't .

When I got my 2006 Boxster with PMC 2.1 it had 2006 maps, I had to upgrade software and maps to 2012 first, then I got 2015 maps and upgraded again.

I have all the files on the computer still.

I replied to your other thread re PCM CD changer, once you send me your email addy I`ll send you the upgrade instructions that I used and you can have a read through, you have to be carefull though, you can goose the PCM if you screw up :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back