Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Navigation integration.

Lee997

Monza
Found this vid on YouTube showing a clever what I can only guess is a hybrid installation?

Anyone tell me about a way of doing such a thing!

Also I've just ordered a genuine copy of Porsche's 2015-2016 nav disk which I'm hoping will work on my pcm2, the guy I bought from is sending me a software update as well.

Anyone done this before?

Porsche's nav is not exactly state of the art, could do with an update.
https://youtu.be/it6hF15Vgzw

Lee.

Seems like a lot of bother when you can replace it with a modern unit that does everything and more

FZP said:
Seems like a lot of bother when you can replace it with a modern unit that does everything and more

Modifying as in the video, I'd agree, must have been a lot of work!

However the upgrade disk I've bought if i5 works ????? Cheap way to update the nav!

Lee

Was that Sat Nav adaptation in the video voice activated :dont know: I couldn't work out whether he was shouting a special word, offering up a secret sign or coughing up a grolly :what:

Zingari said:
Was that Sat Nav adaptation in the video voice activated :dont know: I couldn't work out whether he was shouting a special word, offering up a secret sign or coughing up a grolly :what:

I think it was witchcraft? I saw a broom and cauldron in the corner?.

Loads of online 'shops' seem to sell the map update discs for circa £30 which might be worth a punt. What map year they upgrade them too it doesn't say?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back