Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne 2009 GTS hesitation on light acceleration

Matrixxxx

Trainee
Well, to add to my list of problems, after changing the thermostat and a new set of plugs, and fixing the vacuum leak, the hesitation is still there.
But!! If I switch off the "PSM" it runs perfect!??, runs as if in sport mode holds the gears longer but no hesitation and pulls a lot more when accelerating,

when you switch it back on the revs drop and it become sluggish and hesitates.

just wonder if it is related to the faulty signal from the front acceleration sensor?

Now realise that psm keeps the revs above 2k , the hesitation seems to be below 2k rpm.

What garage are you using ?

did they plug in the diagnostics machine

I bought an icarsoft scanner, just put a new acceleration sensor in, still hesitating, I do all my own work.
Im sure the coils have been changed at some point, it is looking like they may need changing.

I had a similar problem on my 58 GTS.

Intermittent hesitation under light throttle, no CEL.

I lived with it and eventually the car through up a CEL, which would reset everytime you turned the car off and not come up every journey, I carried my scanner in the car and eventually caught it, codes indicated a coil fault on cylinder 2.

Changed the coil(s), problem solved.

Good luck.

Did the bad coil look ok? I didn't see any cracks when changing the plugs, I would assume that they all are not failing. May buy one and swap it around.

No, no visible signs of any wear or damage.

I only had a fault with one, but given they were all the same age and original to the car I replaced them all as a matter of course, however as you say it may not be necessary.

A Durametric will certainly pick up the faults even if it hasnt thrown a full CEL, I take it the icarsoft didnt show up anything?

It hasn't thrown any faults, but can see a lot of variables, I guess it should be possible to see something not running as the rest. How long do they normally last?

They can last 10 years or 6 months. I changed all mine and 6 months later the exact symptoms you have showed again, Durametric showed cylinder 5 missing, just changed that one that time and all ok 12 months on, get it plugged into a decent machine and it will tell you the cylinder/cylinders missing

Old and new sensor

Attachments

• 1c5384c3_6d8e_48b7_b883_c3f0d9dcd589_688.jpeg
    1c5384c3_6d8e_48b7_b883_c3f0d9dcd589_688.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 5,098
  • 60e4ee85_09a0_4fa9_a2ef_fb4b5496aaab_363.jpeg
    60e4ee85_09a0_4fa9_a2ef_fb4b5496aaab_363.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 5,098
  • 1e98bfa5_d5ba_4bc1_a353_cc9529bd205a_827.jpeg
    1e98bfa5_d5ba_4bc1_a353_cc9529bd205a_827.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 5,098
fitted the coils, it drives differently, more torque, quieter and smoother, while playing with the scanner after 10minuites or so there was a noise like the cd player loading a disk over and over, turned the head unit of but it was still going, now I think it was the throttle recalibrating its self.
it now holds the higher gears , if you accelerate slowly it will pull along in top gear, before it would not do anything then jump down 2 gears, there is still slight juddering but it doesn't feel like a misfire. will leave if for a few weeks for everything to settle down.
got all the coil packs for under £180 off eBay.

I am also wondering if the ignition module was in the water that was trapped in the bulkhead/firewall.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back