Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenon Headlight Bulbs

MattEd

Hi,

One of my bi-xenon headlight bulbs has gone and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.

It is a Philips Xenon DLS 25W.

Does anyone know how i can get hold of one? Or is there an alternative that fits?

It's a 981 Boxster S.

Thanks
Matt

If it's the ones I think your after then Design 911 have them.

I bought two because one of my bulbs was playing up but I found when I went to change if that there was a loose connection, so remove your headlamp unit and check that everything's tight. Easy to get out but a bit of knack to refitting unit.

They're about £60 + vat a pair

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt70...oxster-986-27L-1999-02/Dipped-Low-Beam-Bulbs/

Thanks, I've taken it out and put back but still not working so I guess the bulb has gone, although it still looks like its ok, no discolouring or anything...

The bulb you have linked to doesn't have the base part on it, see attachment. When I had the bulb out it didn't seem to be detachable from the base and the warning message suggests that they're not separable. Is it possible to separate them?

Thanks
Matt

[/img]

Attachments

• img_3910_503.jpg
    img_3910_503.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5,731
Yes they detach from the bulb, there is a vid on You Tube showing how to dismantle them, quite easy when you see the vid.

Ok, thanks. I'll have to check that the bulb looks the same, as my base says DLS and those bulbs say D2S, so may not fit.

I've got a feeling this is a dealer only replacement, so will cost about £150 just to change a light bulb :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back