Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s here

AtariBoy

Slightly later than planned, I took delivery of my 964 last week and I am absolutely delighted with it. I bought it from Tom at 911V and he and his team have been exemplary in every detail.

The car is a 1990 Carrera 2 coupe and it's been really well looked after by its previous owners.

I've done nearly 500 miles in less than a week and it hasn't missed a beat.
I plan on replacing the alarm and immobiliser as well as upgrade the stereo, but otherwise it was ready to go when I bought it.

Very nice :thumb:

I remember driving a new 964 in 1990 with nine miles on the clock.
For some reason my abiding memory was the amazing smell of the interior!

Beautiful :cloud9:

Looking good, welcome to the club :thumb:

:thumb:

Keep the stereo period. Make sure whoever fits a decent modern alarm rips out the miles of wiring from the old systems it will have had in it over the years. That'll lighten the car by a few Kgs

Congrats!
I put 1300m in my first month! and still going
FVD exhaust upgrade on route :D

Hope you really enjoy your "new" Porsche, great colour too.

Pity that the effort you put into creating the scene for your pic, it is none to clear via whatever systems Photobucket use...

Luddite said:
Pity that the effort you put into creating the scene for your pic, it is none to clear via whatever systems Photobucket use...

Off topic I know, but how should I post photos here? I can't seem to find a solution without using Photobucket, which as stated is rubbish.

No need to use a photo host, you can post direct from your laptop or PC, perhaps your phone too, though I have not done that.

Scroll down in the post a reply section where you type your text and you will find ADD AN ATTACHMENT empty box, by clicking on that it should open options to find pics on your device though think there is a file size limit, I tend to reduce mine to under 1Meg. or circa 800 pixels wide which is large enough to see detail on a lap top screen..

Hope you can work it out, looking forward to seeing your car pic a tad more clearly.. :thumb:

Thanks Luddite, really appreciated. it seems your knowledge base is better than your username suggests...

Attachments

• ef07a4c5_4498_451e_a152_90a52318ede7_168.jpg
    ef07a4c5_4498_451e_a152_90a52318ede7_168.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,938
  • img_0153_202.jpg
    img_0153_202.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7,938
great looking car :thumbs:

personally I'd rip the old immobilser / alarm out as they are nothing but trouble & not replace it with anything. If you want any kind of security than fit a tracker ( not convinced these days an immobiliser stops a targeted theft these days anyway )

hot66 said:
...personally I'd rip the old immobilser / alarm out as they are nothing but trouble & not replace it with anything. If you want any kind of security than fit a tracker ( not convinced these days an immobiliser stops a targeted theft these days anyway )

I am really tempted to do just that, I hate having an immobiliser 'key', an alarm fob and the key itself, I just want one key.

Pleased you found your way through my limited guide. Your pics were indeed worth waiting for. Lovely Porsche indeed...

ENJOY :thumb:

Beautiful looking car, but then I am biased.

kas750 said:
Very nice :thumb:

I remember driving a new 964 in 1990 with nine miles on the clock.
For some reason my abiding memory was the amazing smell of the interior!

Nearly 30 years old and I still love the smell inside mine! Nothing like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back