Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2RS crashing into Pagani at Monza

FZP

Zandvoort
The repair bill will be eye watering. I just hope they both have the relevant Insurance.

What was the guy in the RS thinking about :eek: carrying a tad too much into the corner

Gazc2 said:
What was the guy in the RS thinking about :eek: carrying a tad too much into the corner

Just hope he's got track day ins

Bit of a worry how easily that door pops open :eek:

Good to see in the face of adversity the Porsche held its line. Good driving skills. :floor:

We've all lent on other cars to get round bends in the past, just generally they have no more than a few hundred CC or they don't physically exist at all.

Ouch!

I would suspect the next 30 seconds of that video got very interesting!

barty964rst said:
Good to see in the face of adversity the Porsche held its line. Good driving skills. :floor:

pmsl at that post :grin:

Those guys really messed-up, esp the GT2 driver

Am I the only one that thinks the Pagani was way too slow on the way into the corner and caught the GT2 driver out :dont know:

kurlykris said:
Am I the only one that thinks the Pangani was way too slow on the way into the corner and caught the GT2 driver out :dont know:

Was my first thought & after a 2nd/3rd watch it looks even more so .
Looked to be almost free wheeling compared to the other cars at track speed :dont know:

What a mess!! The Pagani driver was probably reminiscing about cruising around the French Riviera again!!

And I assume the GT2RS driver was Instagramming a snap of his Rolex DeepMuffDweller against his steering wheel as he didn't seem to be braking very hard and took no real evasive action (there's an escape lane straight on just there). To be fair though, since that turn is sort half way down a very long straight it is possible he didn't realise the turn was right there until the Pagani kindly directed him to it....

Anyway I see schadenfreude is alive and well as you can hear someone behind the camera laughing at about 12 seconds... :nooo:

These vids always end too soon - I reckon the next minute or so would be more akin to Grand Theft Auto than Forza... :starwars:

GT2 driver should have been more aware - looked like he was steaming in and just hadn't worked out how slow the Pagani was going....

Pagani, or no Pagani, he wasn't making that corner. That's an awefully big stop , and one can only hope that it was a mechanical/brake fluid issue rather than bad judgement.
I've not got experience of trying to pull up to almost nothing from what I can only imagine is near enough 190mph, but would like to think that the PCCB are up to the job.

Didn't look that fast to me...

The Pagani looks to be going about 30-40mph and the GT2 about 60-70?

It was a glancing blow as well so maybe it didn't do too much structural damage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back