Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Throttle body anti vibration rubber mount

The Porter

So, when removing the rubber mount that attaches to the throttle body it broke in half as was broken.

I ordered the part from Porsche which has been superseded...

The old rubber mount was 10mm long and 10mm wide, the new one is 15mm wide and 15mm long which means it overhangs the aircon belt and it is too long for the bracket so you cannot screw the fixing bolt....?

Porsche are 'looking into it' as that 'is the part'...

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this on their car and how they got round it? I can't remember the old part number / new part number. Sorry.

I've also looked online and contacted suppliers for a M6 male/Male rubber mount with no luck also.

Any help greatly appreciated. Tried to add a picture but having issues doing so as I'm over 40.

Cheers

Cheers

I had the same problem, theres 2 part numbers listed, item 12 in MG 1 SG 07 Illustration 107-00:

A 930 110 579 01 bonded rubber buffer and
999 703 265 00 bonded rubber mounting 20 X 15/M6

I think it was the second one that was supplied rather than the first. I did a temporary repair by glueing the old one back together and now this thread has me wondering if I ever fitted a new one.....
:?:

Found the problem. As my car is the last run of the 996, end of 2004 it has a 997 throttle body on it with associated screws, bolts and this part.
All sorted, if anyone needs the part number just let me know
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back