Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 111 Point Check Query with Installed Dashcams

alpinaB3

Trainee
I have booked my 911 for the Porsche 111 point check query for next week with my local dealer (to continue with Porsche warranty), however I have read at least one individual who has a 911 and a Dashcam that was professionally hardwired installed. However the car was rejected and did not pass the the 111 point check and the dealer insisted to validate the 111 point check the owner would need to remove the Dashcam from the car!

This I find quite disturbing, I too have a dash cam installed and is semi hardwired as it connects to the fuse box with piggyback connectors. I can disconnect these connectors from the fuse box however I am not able to remove the wiring so it is obvious that all I have done is disconnected the connectors from the fuse box. So the wires and the voltage protector unit will be still be seen. So if the wiring and the voltage protector can not be hidden then is is worth just disconnecting the two wires that power the dashcam in the first place?

Has other members also experienced this issue with Dashcams on piggyback connectors to the fuse box being rejected as part of the Porsche 111 point vehicle check?

Attachments

• img_4488__127.jpg
    img_4488__127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,468
Technically it's a third party item thats been fitted and as such it will fail the inspection until its removed .

Lets face it , they fail cars on a non Porsche battery and grills fitted so this is an obvious item they can't miss .

It depends on how well you know the OPC , are you a regular customer and how sympathetic they might be ..they might overlook it .. but they shouldn't .... in porsches world though .. its a fail .

You could after the fail complain to customer services .. i know a case of a fail with armourfend fitted that was overturned by CS and was then passed .

You could argue ( to CS not the opc ) that your Insurance company is insisting on it so it's catch 22 .

If still no joy then you don't need to remove the wiring , just the dash cam , tuck the cables under the headlining and unplug the fuse connections ..

If you leave it there but unplug it then i would still fail it .. i don't know how to power it up but i can see it .. its a fail .

I know i never used to remove the fuse panel cover on inspections to look for anything aftermarket .. it's a 1.5 hr check and i was more interested in what i could see .

You could even do this before hand.

Yup i know its a pain .. but porsche states .. NO third party applications are to be fitted period ... at least that's what it was when i was there and i've not been told its changed .

Mine was failed because even though all four tyres were Pirelli Zeroes, I had N1 tyres on the rear and N0 on the front. Thats how pathetic, sorry pedantic they are :nooo:

Cameo said:
Mine was failed because even though all four tyres were Pirelli Zeroes, I had N1 tyres on the rear and N0 on the front. Thats how pathetic, sorry pedantic they are :nooo:

That's actually not a fail and grounds for a complaint .

Porsche had a problem with the supply of tires a few years back .. they agreed different N ratings were allowed as there simply was no supply of tyres .

N1 front on the same axle and N0 on the rear axle is fine .. different N ratings on the same axle is not allowed and something i would point out on a service / inspection .

Customer services on that one ... imho its an OPC not following the rules .

Grrrrr.
This was last year and I bought a two year policy (and two new tyres!) I was trying to even the wear out to replace all four with Michelin's (they weren't approved when I needed new rears - hence trying the newer approved tyres).

Thanks for the info though, hopefully it will save someone else :thumb:

It's possible they have altered the policy as tyres are now available .. but i struggle to see how when they have already set a presidence .

All i can say is i fitted many different N rated tyres at that time and Porsche had no issue with it ..

Why don't you simply plug the dash cam into a power socket OP, I've done that on both my cars.

Wiring can be tucked out of the way

Bloody Hell.... who owns these damn cars Porsche UK or US? I've owned many marques of quality cars as have we all and Porsche are by far the worst manufacturer for being pathetic with waranty etc...

Without wishing to derail but it's a warranty/parts related question.

Why are we tied to buying a battery from Porsche given it's not them that manufacture it? If another brand of battery is fitted I'm led to believe it voids the warranty or won't pass the 111 inspection? Is the battery inspected as part of the check?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back