Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Found this under the bumbler today!

Lee997

Monza
While taking my front end off to carry out a grille fitting mod and clean out radiators I found a Tracker module, can anyone identify? It's not OEM as there's a big bunch of wire tucked up inside the wing and that wasn't factory fit?

Sorry don't know why it's rotated the image? And the dongle I'm talking about is hanging in front of the radiator on the right of the image if it was the correct way round?

Cheers,
Lee.

Attachments

• 5ba31888_91bd_4b53_9842_2629314d21bb_165.jpeg
    5ba31888_91bd_4b53_9842_2629314d21bb_165.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 1,512
That is probably a navtrak tracker device .. if no subscription or active contract then it can be removed .. just trace the wiring to where its connected to .

Either way its not Porsche and not the standard VTS system we used to fit .

Attachments

• 5ba31888_91bd_4b53_9842_2629314d21bb_165_642.jpg
    5ba31888_91bd_4b53_9842_2629314d21bb_165_642.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 1,489
deMort said:
That is probably a navtrak tracker device .. if no subscription or active contract then it can be removed .. just trace the wiring to where its connected to .

Either way its not Porsche and not the standard VTS system we used to fit .

Thanks for the big red arrow! Although I have loads of paperwork for the car I'm not sure I recall seeing anything relating to a Tracker!
I certainly don't have any subscription!

I did find a big coil of wire inside the bumper behind were the radiator is but the other end disappeared through the bodywork and I was pressed for time to complete what I was doing?

Thanks Lee.

Thats a cracking looking garage (& car collection) you have there Lee!
Do you have a link to the bumper removal/ exchanger replacement guide to hand? I had a quick look but theres loads on here and most I found so far don't show it.

brownspeed said:
Thats a cracking looking garage (& car collection) you have there Lee!
Do you have a link to the bumper removal/ exchanger replacement guide to hand? I had a quick look but theres loads on here and most I found so far don't show it.

Hi brown speed, it's my brothers yard #ESSEXMOTORSPORTSERVICES, I do a bit now and then when needed! We look after historic race cars, a bit of restoration (spot the E-type at the back), and service / repair anything else that comes along.

There away racing at Spa this weekend so I took the opportunity to complete the grille mod I've been wanting to do for a while!

As far as a guide I simply watched a few YouTube videos and found the whole process quite straight forward, Porsche's really are built well and come apart and go back together easily.

A few pointers I'd recommend are, make sure you have a good quality T25 torx driver, a can of WD40, copper slip a strong piece of wire (like coat hanger to remove bumper to wing spring clips, the rest is common sense and not forgetting a nice blanket to put the bumper on.

Unless you want to go on a road trip and I'll do it for you ?
Rgds Lee

It might not be a Navtrack but anything in that area tends to be a gps antenna and that's normally used on a tracker .

A gps can't see through metal so it has to be placed under glass or plastic .

I suspect the unit is fitted under the large plastic trim in front of the battery .

Ref removing the PU .

You remove the front arch liners .. a bit of pulling to get them out , a single screw upwards on each far corner of the PU .. T30 .

Wiring plugs and n/s/f washer jet pipe if you have headlamp washers .

Clips in front of the headlights .. remove the front panel over the lock to get at the T30 x 4 and a hook tool to pull towards you the slide clips in front of the headlights . .

Other than that its a handful of screws underneath ... its pretty easy when you look for the fixings .

I can probably find instructions if you want to pm me an email addy , just pm me with what you need to remind me .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back