Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 4s Cabriolet / Convertible

askgeez

Albert Park
Really must stop browsing the classifieds ! :frustrated: :lol:

Like many of us, always browse AT , Ebay etc, thinking there is an unmissable bargain just waiting to be snapped up, but then budget creep happens, and you see an advert that catches your attention....

Always had a soft spot for a 996 C4s, and as a nice contrast to my others, the idea of a cabriolet appealed.

Selling points of Advert were: Manual :thumbs: 72k miles, previous owner for 10 years, FULL OPC history. Hardtop. Lots of recent spend including brakes, aircon rads, tyre, new Dansk stainless silencers...
The fact it has single din CD/Radio was a plus, as PCM dates it IMO.

Car IS very nice condition, so I bought it. Man Maths gone a little mad, seems a decent car for the money, and I hope I don't come to regret it !

Its not too precious, and not something I need to keep the miles down, quite the opposite tbh, hoping to use most days as I can fit the 3 kids in it.

Attachments

• front_856.jpg
    front_856.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 3,477
  • img_5282_165.jpg
    img_5282_165.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 3,477
  • rear_388.jpg
    rear_388.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 3,477
  • inside_762.jpg
    inside_762.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 3,477
Nice Addition Guy - look forward to seeing this soon.

Pleased with the exhaust note? One of the best sounding 911's in my view :thumb:

Considering the time that you've now been around in Porsche World you deserve a :wack: for your thread title.

'Porsche speak' for a 911 soft-top is Cabriolet. :hand:

Big :thumbs: for your choice of a daily driver though. Look forward to seeing it soon.

Alex's Porsche speak is Convertible.

Cabriolet sounds like some Italian Ballroom hustle.

Alex said:

EFA = Convertible fans speak for a 911 soft-top is convertible. :wink:

Seriously, 'hands up' if I'm wrong. :friends:

Well the majority of convertible owners on this page prefer convertible :wink: :grin: :thumb:

Alex said:

Cabriolet sounds like some Italian Ballroom hustle.

Described as Convertible on the V5 :puh:

I hadn't actually considered what it should be ... :floor:

.....and the word Cabriolet is French.

Broadly speaking a convertible is a vehicle whose roof can be removed, a cabriolet is a vehicle which can erect a roof when required.

i.e. the convertible is assumed to normally have a roof, and that the occupants can put it down when they want too, a cabriolet is assumed to usually not have a roof, but one can be put up if it rains.

My car (when the builders are not putting a new roof on the garage) normally has the roof stowed, and I put it up if it is raining, so I'd call it a cab.

But this is splitting hairs, I admit.

askgeez said:
Described as Convertible on the V5 :puh:

I hadn't actually considered what it should be ... :floor:

Nice thread title edit. :wink:

BTW every countries configurator shows 'Cabriolet'. Mind you they also show turbocharged 911s as Carreras and the non-turbocharged Taycan as a Turbo. :grin:

Car manufacturers like to label them cabriolets, magazines, websites, etc. convertibles. Most likely that a badge with cabriolet on a car looks more exotic than one saying convertible. :dont know:

Funny old world.

Absolutely lovely!

My MGB was a ROADSTER

Looks lovely! Dare I ask how much one of these goes for these days? Who doesn't have a soft spot for the 996 C4S?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back