Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cab roof won't fully close !

DaleD53

Hi - so I went for a drive today and put roof down.... So far so good. It started to rain and when I went to close the roof it only raised the hard section over the engine but then it just stopped and the rest of the roof (the main sections) did not budge at all - tried several times both on the move and when stopped with handbrake on - anyone had this before ? - any suggestions would be appreciated before I have to take it to my indi - thanks :thumb:

There's some micro-switches that need to engage when the side bits drop down (at the same time as the clam lifts). If the side bits are sticking it'll stop the roof moving.

Side bits = yellow arrow pointing at one:

pic12.jpg

Not saying its that, but that'd be my first port of call.

Thanks for the quick reply Alex I really appreciate it - I will take a look tomorrow and see if they are operating properly or not :?:

So I tried again today to see if the side bits were moving. They were but the roof stopped as soon as they had moved to the new position. I had a prod around to see if there was anything obvious wrong but couldn't see anything. So I reverted back to type..... In frustration I tried a couple of times to manually lift the roof up. There was some movement after which I tried again by the electric motor/switch. The roof is now opening and closing fine !

Taking a look at the headlining I see it is worn and coming away in each of the far corners (the frame is exposed). I think perhaps when the roof is put in the down position maybe these headlining sections are crumpling up and resticting the full movement of the side bits and thus the micro switches are being stopped from properly operating ?

Next step is to find out if the headlining can be replaced separately or if it's a full canvas roof replacement.

Yes it can. I fit a new roof on mine last year but kept original headling. Don't mess with it if you can help it, just try and do a nip n tuck in situ.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back