Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speedo/odometer gears. Where from?

tyinsky

Suzuka
Pushed the reset on my trip and the wheels to both trip and odometer have ceased working. Speedo fine. Where can I buy a set of gears as the internet suggests they will be the cause?

:dont know:

I just had my Speedo repaired by Colt on this forum. Highly recommended for all things 993 for many on the forum, myself included. DM if you need contact details.

Thanks everyone. Appreciated.

I've also got a spare revcounter that's stopped working. Probably send both off and flog the revcounter on ebay.

Looks like they do 2 different sizes too.

My odometer stopped and I was all set to pay what seemed an exorbitant price from one of 'mainstream' indy suppliers, but found a supplier in Hungary on eBay selling for $6.00 (about £4.85)
Nothing ventured/nothing gained, I ordered from them, and about 3 days later it arrived. i followed the instructions as found on YouTube, and hey presto one working odometer :)
Hardest bit was getting the speedo out of the dash, but after that, all plain sailing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271688754443
Graham

Took the unit apart today and ordered the gears from the supplier grahampm linked above. All good so far, managed to get the gears out without removing the needle and face as they didn't want to come off, and I was scared of breaking it! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back