Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS PASM Height - listed on build sheet?

mrbon

Am looking at a 991.2 GTS which has the following on the spec sheet from the Porsche dealer:
475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

Does this mean the car has the -20mm ride height or -10mm?

Any help appreciated!

I was of the impression that the 991.2 GTS sat at -20mm lower than Carrera S models.

I think PASM is -10mm and the Coupe GTS sits another -10mm lower again. The Convertible GTS is -10mm total (so the same as PASM). Not sure on the Targa.

There is PASM and PASM Sports Suspension.

PASM drops the car 10mm from a standard car. PASM Sports drops the car a further 10mm ( so 20mm lower than a standard Carerra ).

The 911 GTS is equipped with the PASM Sports suspension. It therefore sits 20 mm lower. The springs are harder and shorter and the anti roll bars both front and rear are stiffer. The PASM and PASM Sports ( as fitted to the GTS ) can be optioned on the Carerra / S models.

Jungle

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and PASM sports suspension.

PASM, the electronic damping control system, continuously adjusts the damping force on each wheel, based on current road conditions and driving style. In addition, the body sits 10mm lower.

The 911 GTS Coupé models are equipped with the PASM sports suspension. The ride height has therefore been lowered by a further 10mm.

The springs are harder and shorter, and the anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles are stiffer. The front spoiler lip is larger, and the rear spoiler extends even further.

Not only does this help to reduce lift at the front axle, it also acts to increase downforce at the rear axle. Improved aerodynamics represent another boost for performance – combined with a high level of comfort.

Taken from:

https://files1.porsche.com/filestor...-11e9-80c4-005056bbdc38/911-GTS-Catalogue.pdf

Jungle650 said:

PASM drops the car 10mm from a standard car. PASM Sports drops the car a further 10mm ( so 20mm lower than a standard Carerra ).

The 911 GTS is equipped with the PASM Sports suspension. It therefore sits 20 mm lower. The springs are harder and shorter and the anti roll bars both front and rear are stiffer. The PASM and PASM Sports ( as fitted to the GTS ) can be optioned on the Carerra / S models.

Jungle

Yep this is what I know to be the case, so I'm thinking as the spec sheet says PASM and not PASM Sport or "SPASM" then this can must just be -10mm?

Just confused as most literature says the car sits on -20mm PASM as standard

Pretty annoying if so - I really like the rest of the spec but want the lower stance

mrbon said:
Jungle650 said:

Jungle

Yep this is what I know to be the case, so I'm thinking as the spec sheet says PASM and not PASM Sport or "SPASM" then this can must just be -10mm?

Pretty annoying if so - I really like the rest of the spec but want the lower stance

On the spec sheet for mine, under 'standard options' it lists:

PASM sports suspension (20mm lowered)

As posted above, if it's a 991.2 GTS Coupe, it's 20mm lower as standard.

991.2GTS said:
mrbon said:
Jungle650 said:

Jungle

Ah thanks for that, this one doesn't say that, just PASM so mush have been optioned without the sport suspension!

mrbon said:
991.2GTS said:
mrbon said:
Jungle650 said:

Jungle

Ah thanks for that, this one doesn't say that, just PASM so mush have been optioned without the sport suspension!

That would be very odd, deleting a standard option. I'd ask them to clarify that.

It's more that -10 will be a no-cost option instead of 20mm, it's not a deletion.

Magic919 said:
It's more that -10 will be a no-cost option instead of 20mm, it's not a deletion.

Ahh, ok. Presumably for less road noise and a softer ride?

Usual concern is lack of clearance. Car park ramps, driveways and speed humps. Front lift would negate that.

Back in the 997.1 days it was a lower non-PASM option and gained firmness. I don't expect it's the same for 991.2, but I haven't driven one.

The -10mm drop was standard on the 991.1 but you could option (at cost) another -10mm with the Sports suspension. I believe the 991.2 was the same but you also had the option of front lift.

Magic919 said:
Usual concern is lack of clearance. Car park ramps, driveways and speed humps. Front lift would negate that.

That's exactly why I didn't option the 10mm lower Sports PASM. There was no lift option for the .1. It is surprising easy to catch the front spoiler even on modest looking angles. Another -10mm would be even worse.

Dynamically I don't think it adds much to the car's capabilities and I doubt you'd notice any difference on the road.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back