Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it time to get back on the horse?

991.2GTS

It's been a few weeks since a GT3 tried to kill me, and I think I might be ready to get back on the horse. :bandit:

This has piqued my interest. A good spec and less than 300 miles on the clock. I'm tempted.

Anyone have any experience of dealing with Alexanders?

Now you had a bit of a scare with the other GT3 Graham.......I think you should get someone to go with you and test it first......you know just to make sure it doesn't bite......

Oh... did I mention I was free next Tuesday..... :roll:

Porschekit said:
Now you had a bit of a scare with the other GT3 Graham.......I think you should get someone to go with you and test it first......you know just to make sure it doesn't bite......

Oh... did I mention I was free next Tuesday..... :roll:

:D I'm far too impulsive to wait until next Tuesday! I think I might head over tomorrow and see what they'll offer me for the GTS in p/x.

I knew I'd be back for another at some point, but maybe not this quickly. I blame the owner who has had it 16 months and only put 230 miles on it. They knew I wouldn't be able to resist.

Although it is manual, but now I've done 1,000 miles in the Up! I should be ok. I'm not exactly heel and toeing it, but I'm not stalling at roundabouts anymore. :oops:

What's the back story to the 26 day crayon GT3 :dont know: Is that the one you bought from OPC Leeds as I think you were there doing the deal when I was buying my GT4 :?:

Alexanders have a good rep if the vbloggers on YT are to be believed albeit their cars can be on the expensive side?

ETA: :eek: Shiote, I've just read your post on the rear axle steering etc :nooo:

The Alexander's car looks lovely and they seem to be a proper business, can't vouch personally as they're rather high end :wink:

RPM have a nice 991.2, not keen on the red trim on the wheels but maybe it's those rim protectors...
https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/991-gt3-2/

Radio Silence from Crayon Graham. Can only mean one thing......crayon Graham remains Crayon.

Sep 6th
991.2GTS said:
I'll probably never buy a used GT car again. The craziness of the GT market gives me absolutely no confidence.

Sep 19th.
991.2GTS said:
this has piqued my interest. A good spec and less than 300 miles on the clock. I'm tempted.

:floor: :floor: :floor:

FZP said:
Radio Silence from Crayon Graham. Can only mean one thing......crayon Graham remains Crayon.

:D
I have a serious problem with impulse control. Luckily I managed to give myself a good talking to this morning, and I'm happy to report I haven't bought another GT3....yet.

991.2GTS said:
FZP said:

I have a serious problem with impulse control. Luckily I managed to give myself a good talking to this morning, and I'm happy to report I haven't bought another GT3....yet.

RS??? :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
991.2GTS said:
FZP said:

RS??? :dont know:

I can't go 991.1, the reg I bought says 9912. :D

Wilmslow have a nice 991.2 GT3 in Guards Red and manual. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back