Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying Insurance Companies-Warning Hastings direct

spongebob squarepants

Anyone else had this recently?

Contacted by Insurance company demanding information, by a certain date otherwise Insurance will be cancelled, ie. this is months after policy taken out.

Copies of driver licences
DVLA driver licence codes
Copies of vehicle registration document
Normal no claims info etc

Are they doing this with everybody? Just a real pain in the arse, enough to do :x

How were you contacted Sponge?

Is it a scam ? :?:

No it's genuine, Mrs sponge by phone and e mail. Also had the same with my last insurer, but still seems odd, contacted with a deadline of just a few days. she's phoned them back (Hastings direct) to confirm it ain't a scam. Apparently they have the right to request this info??

Update, avoid if you can, apparently Hastings direct are famous for this rip off. Proper Dick Turpins. They basically e mail with the heading Insurance to be cancelled or amended, and look for any incorrect info however minor, to then charge a 30 quid 'admin fee" to amend. (In our case, the car purchase date was a few days out, this was 12 months before we even insured.

I am pretty sure it was with Hastings but once, completely out of the blue mid-term on my Insurance I had a call from Hastings wanting to check with DVLA that I had a clean driving license. A "random" check apparently. They got DVLA conferenced in on the line and sure enough they confirmed that my license was clean. I've never had that before or after, but apparently quite a few people had it happen to them around the same time also.

I was aksed for those when I first insured the 4C with Performance-Direct. It was a 'new' policy with no NCD (mirroring my main car) and yes I had to scan everything etc :roll:

When I insured the 964 (on yet another policy :roll: ) they wanted to know my driving history and what performance cars I'd driven before agreeing to insure me :floor:

Absolute charlatans.

They used to have a wheeze (and possibly still do) where their website would mysteriously deselect various options (protected no-claims, legal cover, etc) just before taking payment.

Once you'd received the documents and noticed the missing options, there was an admin fee for adding them back in - even if the policy was yet to start...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back