Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black 997 GT3 at RPM - does anyone know it?

Fulla

Sao Paulo
Afternoon All,

I have started to look at moving on from my 993 C4S to a 997GT3. Yesterday I went out to try my 1st 997GT3. The only other GT3 I have experienced was a 996.2 GT3 some years back.
The car in question is the black car at RPM and is a CS with what seem to be the right options - Buckets,Sport Crono, PCCB (removed and replaced with steels but are with the car) and carbon bits which I like.
Does anyone know the car at all? If you do I'd be interested in hearing from you.
I know there are a few others for sale but felt the reputation of RPM was a good 1st place to visit.

I am hoping no news is good news on this car?
Without the reg number I know perhaps it is harder but thought someone might know it on here.
Plan to get a ppi done if I decide to move forward which will provide me some comfort. I am getting excited about the prospect of potentially becoming a GT3 owner...

So you should be.👍 RPM do stock good cars but ask if it's theirs or is it being sold on a sale or return basis via a private owner (SOR).

Not that it makes much difference unless your buying any car from a guy called Mearns but best to know upfront.

Stick the VIN and reg number into google and see what it comes up with.
Also if it is SOR you will need to ensure that they will stick to it like glue with regard to future warranty issues.

If for whatever reason you don't go the PPI route, then among other things when you check out the car ask them to put it on the ramp so you can check the underside. The undertray will obscure a lot, but you should still be able to check for corrosion around the brake lines, springs, etc, and also check for oil misting around the RMS and LSD. Check the car has been waxoyl'd too (or equivalent), these cars came out the factory with minimal protection from the elements

Good luck, hope it goes well, I've had mine 8 years and they're amazing machines :thumb:

Cheers all. I am having a PPI, I learnt a painful mistake 12 years ago of not having one.
The car is one of the backers/partners of RPM and has a thick file of bills. It's had the Motorpsort LSD upgrade and the ceramics replaced with steels and will come with the ceramics in a box.
I am assuming the PPI will give a clean bill of health and if there are niggles confident RPM will put them right. I wasn't sure about black but to be honest when I saw it in the flesh it made it look more subtle then the silver I had wanted.
Very excited to say the least and looking forward to getting to know it. I am getting the set-up changed for mainly road use.

Thank you for the tip about the waxoil - I'll ask to have this looked at wiht a view to getting top-ed up pre-collection.

I noticed that it has the suspension altering button and a sport button - do these make a difference?

Generally i never touch the PASM or Sport buttons. On track I'll turn on Sport and switch off the TC, as the Sport button remaps for more torque. In a car with stock exhaust it also opens the exhaust valves for more noise above 4K revs from memory. I've read that the TC eats the rear pads on track so I turn it off. The PASM button just makes the suspension a lot more firm, unnecessarily so for most circumstances. It might be useful on a really smooth autobahn or circuit but it's not for UK roads. If you add the (aftermarket) DSC module + accelerometer that button will become more useable, but it's not something I've tried yet, maybe at some point in the future.

Roro said:
Generally i never touch the PASM or Sport buttons. On track I'll turn on Sport and switch off the TC, as the Sport button remaps for more torque. In a car with stock exhaust it also opens the exhaust valves for more noise above 4K revs from memory. I've read that the TC eats the rear pads on track so I turn it off. The PASM button just makes the suspension a lot more firm, unnecessarily so for most circumstances. It might be useful on a really smooth autobahn or circuit but it's not for UK roads. If you add the (aftermarket) DSC module + accelerometer that button will become more useable, but it's not something I've tried yet, maybe at some point in the future.
When I spoke to the CofG guru's they mentioned about retro fitting the DSC module so that will be on the list of "to do".
Have a Peter Morgan PPI next week so fingers crossed!

The car looks and sounds very close to the spec of mine, right down to the diff (the standard ramps and plates were useless on these things) and the ceramic disc swap.

I hope it checks out well on the PPI for you, because it looks very good value IMHO.

Checked out perfectly. All items picked up on the PPI got sorted by RPM.

Friday I collected the car, I was nervous to be honest. Would it be too stiff for a daily? Would the gear change be too notchy? Would the wife have a fit when she saw the cage and enquired about where the dog would sit....
Well it all went amazingly well, yes the wife did raise an eye about the cage. But I will have that removed so that there is room in the back for the dog. I am thinking of getting some kind of custom fitted shelf in the rear over the rear seat indentations. Like the 3.2 CS maybe. Or just fill it in with foam cut to fill and covered with carpet/fabric.
Not everyones cup of tea but I won't be tracking it and it needs to fit in with my use of it.
Well what a surprise, the RPM team set the chassis up to be more road focused. Yes it isn't a smooth as the 993 I had but it's not that far off. The steering is sublime and less stiff then the 993. The clutch is softer, the gear change is notchy but is like the riffle bolt I have read about. And everything gets better once it has heated through.
And OMG the power, I can't see ever getting bored of it. I had the opportunity to stretch it out a few times this weekend and it makes me giggle. Can't believe it is mine!
The new splitter RPM fitted is already scratched/damaged. Mainly from my frikkin drive. I feel I have 2 options, 1 get the drive smooth out or get some kinda lift thingy. Any ideas let me know....

:thumb: :congrats:

Congratulations on the purchase :thumb:

Re the front spoiler, after a while you'll get used to the scrapes. I think I went through 2 or 3 splitters in the first few years, but then in the last 5 years I've replaced it maybe twice. You'll develop a technique to driving over speed bumps or ramps that will minimise scrapes. They're only around £150/200 each from memory so not worth spending £££ installing a lift system in my opinion

So you actually have 3 options, the last being do nothing 8)

Fulla said:
The new splitter RPM fitted is already scratched/damaged. Mainly from my frikkin drive. I feel I have 2 options, 1 get the drive smooth out or get some kinda lift thingy. Any ideas let me know....
I use a trench plate

Congratulations. :bandit:

hopeydaze said:
Fulla said:
I use a trench plate

This is a new one on me. Do you have anymore data?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back