Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Merc servicing North West

spongebob squarepants

With prices more than Porsche I think I'll give the main dealer a miss...

Anyone used P3 in Trafford park? Or any other recommendations?
[/b]

Dronsfields in Royton, Oldham. Used them a couple of times in the past James & they've been good. Merc dealer wanted £1500 to fix the alarm by replacing this and that, took it to Dronsfields who adjusted a sensor, £40.
It's a bit rough n ready but worth a shout IMO

there is a good one near Anfield :grin:

jonttt said:
there is a good one near Anfield :grin:

M100UFC doesnt do Anfield...... :floor: :hand:

Don't listen to El Scouso, he'll be taking more bottles of pop from you for some time yet :D :grin:

I have mates who travel to Dronsfields from the South (Altrincham) who are impressed, so give it a try.

spongebob squarepants said:

[/b]

I know of P3 through other contacts and have met them. Personally, I would not go anywhere near them - they claim to be master of so many brands which is simply not possible - think, Bentley, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes. They do a lot of tuning and chipping of cars.

By far the best recommendation from me is for SPR Autos in Stockport. Started by Steve Richardson ex-MB Macclesfield. He has retired and the business has been bought out by his junior partner Sam Bates a few years back. They only do Mercedes, they have STAR diagnostics and they tend to use genuine MB parts where they believe the OEM are not so good. Dronsfield have a good name on the MB forum also - but further afield than Manchester.

M Star in Radcliffe are very good. Done quite a few jobs on my old SL. They had a Liverpool mug as a bog brush holder so you'll get along with them fine:)

ras62 said:
M Star in Radcliffe are very good. Done quite a few jobs on my old SL. They had a Liverpool mug as a bog brush holder so you'll get along with them fine:)

The utd one was in the toilet :hand:

Thanks for all the recommendations and booked into SPR. 156 bags compared to 695 at a main dealer for the A service. :eek:

Bearing in mind the cars under 3 years old and under 25k on the clock and it's basically an oil and filter change, Merc are easily on par with Porsche :x

cheshire911 said:
spongebob squarepants said:

[/b]

I know of P3 through other contacts and have met them. Personally, I would not go anywhere near them - they claim to be master of so many brands which is simply not possible - think, Bentley, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes. They do a lot of tuning and chipping of cars.

By far the best recommendation from me is for SPR Autos in Stockport. Started by Steve Richardson ex-MB Macclesfield. He has retired and the business has been bought out by his junior partner Sam Bates a few years back. They only do Mercedes, they have STAR diagnostics and they tend to use genuine MB parts where they believe the OEM are not so good. Dronsfield have a good name on the MB forum also - but further afield than Manchester.

Thanks for the heads up on SPR highly recommended, and a quarter of the main dealers crazy costs (Someone's gotta pay for that fountain at MB Stockport) Hell I even had some genuine Merc wipers fitted, #beauty

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back