Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Current 991 prices

CraigJ

Silverstone
Returning here after a about 4/5 years with out a 911.

Will soon be putting my 16 supercharged Mustang GT up for sale and looking at 911's again. I was going to look at 997.2 but just noticed 991's can be had for 40k now.

Have they been at these price for a while or is it a recent drop?

Are there any good buyers guide threads going at the moment?

Thanks.

I'm no expert market watcher but it has clearly slowed over past year with prices moving down and cars not moving in the past few months. Seems to be across the board though, don't think the 991 is getting especially punished.

Extra sensitivity to higher mileage and/or lower spec, would imagine £40k cars are mostly in that bracket, private sales even more so. It's a buyers market that's for sure.

To date very few 991s have been advertised on AT/PH at £40k or lower.

The few that have were/are Cat cars or 75k mile+ examples.

At £45k there have been a number of far more desirable examples and they are definitely worth considering as an alternative to a 997.2.

Good Luck :thumb:

Depending on condition/mileage/spec there is a big variation in prices. Your around the £60k mark for a good 991 C2S with sub 25k miles in desirable colours/wheel combos

I am in the market for a C2S 991.

From what I am seeing you can get a good low mileage car for between £55/60k. My original budget was £50k - that gets you a lower spec car with around 50k miles.

Not seen anything for £40k. Cheapest I have seen was a 78k miles car for i think £42k.

I am pushing my budget up to get a lower mileage car well optioned as I will be keeping it 3/4 years minimum. Hopefully this will lower the depreciation curve!!

Here is an example of good spec, low mileage (relatively) C2S car with an OPC Warranty, sub £50k.

TonyC911 said:
..........The 991 is much less fragile than the 997, so buyers guides tend to focus on spec, history & condition.

Good luck :thumb:

:dont know: I presume you mean 9x7.1, but not 9x7.2. There is a big price difference between a 9x7.1 & .2 because of this and a comparison between 991 and 997 would be to a .2 not a .1 and so the fragility comment is not really correct IMHO :thumb:

jonttt said:
TonyC911 said:
..........The 991 is much less fragile than the 997, so buyers guides tend to focus on spec, history & condition.

Good luck :thumb:

:dont know: I presume you mean 9x7.1, but not 9x7.2. There is a big price difference between a 9x7.1 & .2 because of this and a comparison between 991 and 997 would be to a .2 not a .1 and so the fragility comment is not really correct IMHO :thumb:

It's a fair comment, however the 997.2 is not immune to bore-scoring, albeit much rarer so far...

Given that the 991.1 shares the 9A1 engine, that's a moot point.

Magic919 said:

:thumb: :lol:

T8 said:
Magic919 said:

:thumb: :lol:

If we are going to get pedantic (rather than trying to help / advise the OP), are you both suggesting that these two engines in the 997.2 & 991.1 are identical :roll:

TonyC911 said:
If we are going to get pedantic (rather than trying to help / advise the OP), are you both suggesting that these two engines in the 997.2 & 991.1 are identical :roll:

The 991.1 engine is as closely related to the 997.2 engine as the 997.1 was to the 996.2.

In the same way that the early 997s had the same issues as the late 996s the 997.2 is likely to be equally as reliable as the 991.1

The 991.1 was an evolution of the 997.2. Both are great cars - Neither seem to be fragile. Hopefully that fact will help CraigJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back