Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

headlight adjustment for Europe trip

Mark w

Hi,

Is there a way to change the headlight beam for driving in europe rather than having to stick those nasty headlight stickers on?

thanks
Mark

Mark w said:
Hi,

Is there a way to change the headlight beam for driving in europe rather than having to stick those nasty headlight stickers on?

thanks
Mark

Porkee said:
Mark w said:
Hi,

thanks
Mark

Hi Mark

Take the light out unscrew the x4/5 screws out the back cover.
Push the silver latch down with a long screw driver for Europe driving.
The best way is to You Tube it. :thumb:

Hi thanks billy/Porkee

I'll pop the headlights out tonight and take a look (and look for the handbook!)

cheers

An Illuminati member will be along soon to counsel you putting too many miles on a 993 and you might want to re-think it :roll:

Here you go page 96 and 97 in the hand book.

ATB :)

Attachments

• porsche_side_lights_140.jpg
    porsche_side_lights_140.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 7,194
  • porsche_head_lights_103.jpg
    porsche_head_lights_103.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 7,194
Zingari said:
An Illuminati member will be along soon ......

Pray tell, how many of them are left :?:

Hi Zingary, no one will talk me out of using the 993 and putting miles on it, its too much fun!
I'm taking it down to Venice next week.
I'll post some photos of the trip on my return.
I'm no garage queen, life's too short

Mark w said:
Hi Zingary, no one will talk me out of using the 993 and putting miles on it, its too much fun!
I'm taking it down to Venice next week.
I'll post some photos of the trip on my return.
I'm no garage queen, life's too short

Quite right.

I'm off to Stuttgart next week in mine!

Maybe I'll see you at the Porsche museum as I'll be there on the 8th Sept? what you driving in?

Mark w said:
Maybe I'll see you at the Porsche museum as I'll be there on the 8th Sept? what you driving in?

Hey. We will be there in my 993 Carrera S. Will be there on the 12th

I'm impressed with your travel plans and modes of transport.

I'm leaving on 7 Sept for Budapest, coming back in couple of weeks via Venice and then Stuttgart.

Christian Sanger says my 993 is good to go - however, CLassicline Insurance's breakdown cover doesn't extend to Hungary or Slovenia. I have therefore chickened out and will take my Mini Cooper S which is still under manufacturers warranty.

PS, when I took my 993 to Dinslaken in 2018 I didn't bother with changing the headlights. Didn't run into any issues and I did some driving after dark.

hopeydaze said:
Christian Sanger says my 993 is good to go - however, CLassicline Insurance's breakdown cover doesn't extend to Hungary or Slovenia. I have therefore chickened out and will take my Mini Cooper S which is still under manufacturers warranty.
Sounds like a great road trip, I'm sure the Mini is a superb car, but don't do a Zingari!

If you have a Nationwide Flex Plus account (£13 per month) you may be covered. If not, apply for one quickly!

cheers

Mark

From the Policy document

Section D – UK & European Assist
The cover detailed in Sections 3 D1 – D7 will apply when you are driving in the geographical limits
listed below.
You may have to pay for some services such as unplanned accommodation and claim it back from us when you
get back to the UK. The exchange rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time the claim is processed.
We aim to provide the most suitable and cost effective solution to your problem. As well as the general terms
and conditions of this policy, we will provide the following services if you travel to a country listed under the
geographical limits below:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein,
Lithuania, Luxembourg, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, the
Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia (West of the Urals), San Marino,
Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey in Europe, Ukraine

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back