Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2C4S -> 996/997.1 GT3 ???

swilding

I've currently got a 997.2C4S which I really like but its simply not special enough and I find myself having thoughts of buying a GT3. To be fair I've wanted a GT3 for years.

My budget limits me to a 996 or 997.1 as the cost to change could be 35k. Bristol Porsche has a nice 997.1 with a warranty which I keep looking at . . .

Is the GT3 really worth 35k over my current car?

swilding said:
I've currently got a 997.2C4S which I really like but its simply not special enough and I find myself having thoughts of buying a GT3. To be fair I've wanted a GT3 for years.

My budget limits me to a 996 or 997.1 as the cost to change could be 35k. Bristol Porsche has a nice 997.1 with a warranty which I keep looking at . . .

Yep :thumb:

£77k with 111point Porsche inspection & they have no shame listing the tyres @ 3mm :p

Total fanboy Porsche , stunning in so many aspects but if you aren't wowed by your current C4S then throwing another £35k on top for the GT3 it would really need to thrill you .
Only you know the sort of miles you cover & how you get your ownership pleasure , tough decision ahead , best of luck with it

swilding said:

No.

But if you want one, that's what you'll have to pay unfortunately.

I'm constantly thinking about this, chopping in my turbo for a 97 GT3, but it just isn't twice the car, yet is more than twice the money. :?:

911UK said:

The last one at Chappell , is it me or has the front end been painted with a terrible mismatch wings to doors :dont know:

I went from a late 996 turbo to a 997.1 GT3 CS and the difference was night and day.Just different gravy.
My advice to anyone looking is to try and find a clubsport as apart from being the very essence of a GT car they sell fairly easily if you decide it's not for you.

The only question I'd have to ask myself is this ?

Once you get the GT3 will you then set your sights on the RS ? I know I would, I already have...... and it's been niggling me for 15+ years now, fortunately I've been extremely busy with work / family for most of my adult life but there is a void which which my C4S is currently failing to fill, I'm already looking at a GTS and I've only had it a month,

The tick list I thought I'd mostly filled seems to have been mislaid and I'm already looking at what it's not got, smilie grill, centre lock wheels, bucket seats, harness's, power, presence,

It's a slippery slope, good luck with your decision making,

swilding said:

100%. Its probably worth about 70k more.

GT3's are hard to imagine until you try one... chalk and cheese but in a similar body shape.. i know as i went from a 997C2S to 997 GT3 and could not believe the difference. Do it! Good luck

C4Silver said:
Once you get the GT3 will you then set your sights on the RS ?
Not necessarily. There are a lot of considerations and the jump from say 997.1 GT3 to 997.1 GT3 RS is very significant in terms of price (and rarity of the car) but not so in the actual experience. Hands down, an RS is 'better' but not hugely different.

In my personal opinion a GT3 Clubsport is still in the price bracket of being 'usable', whereas anything over £100k less so and brings other issues, such as trackday Insurance at the 'Ring being twice as much.

swilding said:

The words 'not special enough" are the key, and exactly how I felt about my 997.2 C4S. The budget is irrelevant if you can afford it, and still a rock solid place to put your cash, GT3 all the way, as special as it gets at any money, just do it!

I'd agree with RS comments, looks like it's Club-sport then !

Thanks for the information guys.

Seems I better start the financial approval process with the wife!

And yes I need buckets and cage.

I'd really love a GT3 but the cost to switch over here would be ridiculous (I'd probably need another C4S to trade in, on top of my C4S). I'd rather buy some additional cars, as it would be a bit awkward to use the GT3 in the winter around here...

But if it was 'only' 35kGBP and I had the money, and I had a winter beater, I might well do it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back