Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 remap adds 200bhp

wasz

Paul Ricard
Interesting they say the carrera and the carrera s are mechanically the same, just with different maps.

Litchfield adds 200hp to 992 Carrera 911

Stage 1 map takes outputs of turbo flat-six to 580hp with no hardware changes

Litchfield has launched a new Stage 1 map for the 992 Porsche 911 that can extract a further 200hp from its turbocharged flat-six engine. The Litchfield software, which reduces emphasis on emission control to maximise performance, pushes total output to 580hp for both the Carrera and Carrera S models, making the entry-level 992 as powerful as the 991.2's most potent model, the Turbo S.

Naturally that power gain is accompanied by a big growth in torque, with maximum twist now set at 480lb ft – 90lb ft more than standard. That being said, Litchfield's changes do make the 3.0-litre boxer a tad less rev hungry, Porsche's flat power curve swapped for one that begins to taper off towards its top end. The drop in punch is tiny, however, showing that you'll still be rewarded for letting the motor rev out.

Interestingly, Litchfield said that both the Carrera and Carrera S share the same powertrain hardware, with the former model only losing out from the factory due to its digital settings, meaning bringing it into line with the S requires no extra work.

Now that Litchfield has launched the Stage 1 map with a price of £1,194, it anticipates a week's wait for customers wanting to get their new 992 (or a used one) on the Gloucestershire firm's rolling road. The company is also working on a higher-spec upgrade that will include the option of a different exhaust system, supplied either by Remus and Akrapovic to free up airflow, reduce weight and enhance noise. Should you just want the latter for your 992, a less restrictive silencer will also be available for otherwise standard cars.

992-dyno-7-1200x800@2x.jpg

Porsche-992-580bhp-vs-stock-475-large.jpg

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-porsche/litchfield-adds-200hp-to-992-carrera-911/40852

That could lead to some interesting warranty discussions.

That is some impressive performance gain for not a whole heap of £££...

so why do I need a Carrera S then, if not for the 6 pot caliper brakes?

Interestingly, Litchfield said that both the Carrera and Carrera S share the same powertrain hardware, with the former model only losing out from the factory due to its digital settings, meaning bringing it into line with the S requires no extra work

Always like a it of extra oompf.
It's a really tempting price point from a well established player, however, I'm sure warranty is a potential issue should anything engine related go bang. I also fear for resale as Porsche will be able to see any flashes of the ECU and I presume would flag the car, causing a hefty drop in value. All this presuming that extra poke hasn't already caused an 'off".

I need to work out the man maths on this one.
Might need a lie down... 🧐

911UK said:

Interestingly, Litchfield said that both the Carrera and Carrera S share the same powertrain hardware, with the former model only losing out from the factory due to its digital settings, meaning bringing it into line with the S requires no extra work

I'm sure this contradicts the early press realise on the 992 S having a different turbo/flange/gizmo (not sure on the exact engine part) to the base Carrera. This was certainly reported on the 991.2 as a differences on the S.

sideways said:
911UK said:

I'm sure this contradicts the early press realise on the 992 S having a different turbo/flange/gizmo (not sure on the exact engine part) to the base Carrera. This was certainly reported on the 991.2 as a differences on the S.

The info was the 992 Carrera had smaller turbines and compressors that feature in the new 992 S turbochargers aside from a few downgraded chassis elements from the spec

200hp from a tune :grin:

Well sorry but this is not correct. It was tuned on a 4s which has according to Porsche 450ps. I have run and tuned one already and on the road it makes 393whp stock which is about 12% transmission loss. If you take the whp in the dyno chart below it shows 454whp (blue) so an approx increase of 60whp. 454whp does not under any circumstances get you to 580ps - it might get you to just over 520ps. So that is around an 80ps increase from the tune.

The s model just like in the 991.2 has larger Turbos. They are not the same as the standard car.

Ken

Attachments

• 197aa2ed_1e12_4c8b_b8a0_5534f897ae43_150.jpeg
    197aa2ed_1e12_4c8b_b8a0_5534f897ae43_150.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,252

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back