Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Manual gearbox

Poker2009

Hi

Anyone know when the manual gearbox is being released?

Thanks

How many gears I wonder? 7?

Who cares, PDK all the way :grin:

Slayer said:

If it is 7 again, I am not interested. They have put the 6-speed on the GT3 with Touring pack, so clearly that is the best gearbox - why you would need 7 gears is beyond me, I hardly ever even go into 6!

Poker2009 said:
Slayer said:

If it is 7 again, I am not interested. They have put the 6-speed on the GT3 with Touring pack, so clearly that is the best gearbox - why you would need 7 gears is beyond me, I hardly ever even go into 6!

High geared 7th which is a significant boost to lowering fuel economy, exhaust emissions and high speed cruising comfort

911UK said:
Poker2009 said:
Slayer said:

High geared 7th which is a significant boost to lowering fuel economy, exhaust emissions and high speed cruising comfort

This :thumb:

Mine will hit >35mpg on a motorway cruise without any real effort. Pretty impressive for a 190mph NA car. On a spirited drive you may only use 3 gears - and that would be the same for a 6 speed car. :D
Oh, and don't forget the pub bragging rights - the manual car is fastest.... by 1mph. But that counts! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back