Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo Exhaust upgrade - who''s done it??

NickHappy

Montreal
I appreciate this has probably been discussed many times but ideally before I make the investment it would be good to see if any local (ish) 997 turbo owners who have an upgraded exhaust would be prepared to take me for a quick spin so I can get a real feel for the sound etc.

I'm considering Kline, Europipe, Akrapovic or Dansk plus any other suggestions anyone may have. As owners know, it's a fair bit of money so a real life sample over a video clip would be ideal.

In and around Gatwick Area.

Many thanks as always

NH

Yeah there's a big difference between the two.

I put a Sharkwerks silencer delete on my gen 2 as the system is modular you don't have to buy the Cat's. You'll need a system with the Cat's so the price will be considerably more unless you can find a S/H system.

easternjets said:
Yeah there's a big difference between the two.

I put a Sharkwerks silencer delete on my gen 2 as the system is modular you don't have to buy the Cat's. You'll need a system with the Cat's so the price will be considerably more unless you can find a S/H system.

Thanks for that and Absolutely - hence it would be good to get a demo before I am committed :thumb:

Hi Nick,

I am happy to take you out in mine (it has a Europipe) if we can meet somewhere in the middle. I am not around this weekend but next weekend could work.

apollokre1d said:
Hi Nick,

I am happy to take you out in mine (it has a Europipe) if we can meet somewhere in the middle. I am not around this weekend but next weekend could work.

Great - PMed ta :thumb:

Be interesting to see what you go for Nick.
I've just bought a gen1 Turbo and will be looking into exhaust options also, Kline does seem to be the firm favourite :?:

Let us know how you get on :)

I have got a Kline exhaust on mine with a 100CEL CAT and its excellent as a daily driver. No drone, nice exhaust note. Pretty quiet to be honest but makes the car sound more sporty than the very quiet stock system.

NickHappy said:
I appreciate this has probably been discussed many times but ideally before I make the investment it would be good to see if any local (ish) 997 turbo owners who have an upgraded exhaust would be prepared to take me for a quick spin so I can get a real feel for the sound etc.

I'm considering Kline, Europipe, Akrapovic or Dansk plus any other suggestions anyone may have. As owners know, it's a fair bit of money so a real life sample over a video clip would be ideal.

In and around Gatwick Area.

Many thanks as always

NH

I've got the Kline full system on and it's superb. You're very close to 9e, the UK dealers, pop round and ask them if they've got any white hot deals going :)

live in GU14 have a full kline including headers on my .1 manual turbo let me know
rich

kline

I have a kline system on my gen 1 turbo. there isn't any drone with 100 cell cats, those where recommend by ken at 9e.

I am temped to decat it when I get around to sending it to 9e for a stage 2/3 tune.
But I am not sure it will end up with too much drone or to loud.
I would gladly take you for a spin but I am in Birmingham, sorry.

:thumb: :thumb:

Brunty88 said:
live in GU14 have a full kline including headers on my .1 manual turbo let me know
rich

I'll be in contact thanks Rich. Much appreciated. :thumb:

I'd want to change the exhaust too, it is a surprisingly quiet car. It looks like a Kline is a well-trodden path, but I'd stick to the catted version (unless it has a decat pipe you can swap in for vMAx and such). A decat would probably be terrible for a daily, if amusing in the short term.

I fitted a Europipe Stage 2 with 100 cats a few years ago. This uses new wider bore tips as opposed to using the smaller bore existing tips. Very little difference in weight. I had a little drone at 3k revs initially but this disappeared after a few weeks and has never come back, just provides a lovely deep burble and growl. Very well made and received within a couple of weeks from ordering. Didn't throw any cels either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back