Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

window regulator insight

peterzoom

I have just finished fitting a window regulator to my brother in laws 997. He won't mind me saying this, I'm sure, but he is as tight as two coats of paint and super miserly with what he spends on his car. He wanted the cheapest fix possible, so I chose the £93 Euro offering on his behalf ( he is still moaning about how expensive it was, bless him !! )

This year and last I have fitted several of these to variously 996, 997, 986, 987 so I feel I have a good insight as to the differences between OPC and other sources in terms of price v quality, if a little early to comment on longevity.
Thought I would post my comments here for the benefit of others who might be needing to sort out their reluctant windows.

No contest on price with OPC being the most expensive at £154.79 and Euro Carparts cheapest at £93. There is a mid range available from time to time at Euro that has a lifetime warranty at £130. The price seems to be pretty static at the OPC but up and down at Euro.

I have fitted 6 in the last 24 months and the lifetime warranty Euro and the OPC are absolutely indistinguishable from each other in every way. Not a vast difference in price, but the prospect of a lifetime warranty is very tempting if the vehicle is a long termer, especially as it seems to be the same as the OPC part with the benefit of no cost replacement in the future.

The cheap unit from Euro is a very different animal. Immediately feels lighter and of much less robust construction. The feet that locate on the base of the door were not quite the correct profile ( so required a little light fettling) and the plastics that locate the screws felt very flimsy.

That said they all work exactly the same once lubricated and fitted, so only time will tell which is the best bet long term. However, for my own peace of mind I don't think I would opt for the cheapest Euro option and prefer to go for OPC or, when available, the lifetime Euro version.
Hope this is useful for anyone weighing up the options. :bye:

I went for the cheap ecp iption. Lasted around 18 months and snapped! Genuine one fitted now......and my windows quicker.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back