Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SC spoiler

kempus

Trainee
Hello,

Been looking at a couple of 3.2's. One in GP white and the other in guards red.

White car is a '87 euro spec with G50 box and burgundy interior but no tail.

Red car is a '84 non sunroof jap spec with white and black interior and a tail.

Both cars need money spending on them in terms of AC system and interior. The white looks so good but would love it to have a tail. Can one from an SC be fitted to it with ease?

Also can any confirm if the jap spec is similar to US specs so derated power and higher ride height?

Also the exhaust on the guards red car I've never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• 3d6b40cf_adc1_4b7d_a39d_5124eb57c18b_181.jpeg
    3d6b40cf_adc1_4b7d_a39d_5124eb57c18b_181.jpeg
    866 KB · Views: 9,187
Straightforward to fit a 3.2 tail, red one has a bit of a trick exhaust as you say possibly heat exchangers as well if it was me I would go for the 87 with the G50 box flat lid,whale tail,carrera spoiler or ducktail all easily interchangable

Not sure what happened to my other pictures.

I'm swaying towards the white car. The red is different to all others I've seen with the exhaust and non sunroof option. Did ticking the tail option include anything else? Was it part of a 'sports pack"?

yip sport pack should also have the chin spoiler on the front valance purists will tell you shouldn't run one without the other, the red one looks in nice condition and some will find the lack of a sunroof desirable , I would drive both and see which one you prefer between the 915 and G50 box for me it would be the G50 all day long. 915 expensive to rebuild if its a bit crunchy.

not sure if the Japanese cars had different compression/power

ah flies were too big.

The red 1984 car has had the 915 box rebuilt and 114,000km on the odo. White 1987 has 77,000km.

Attachments

• image1_271.jpeg
    image1_271.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9,130
  • image2_166.jpeg
    image2_166.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 9,130
  • image3_158.jpeg
    image3_158.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 9,130
  • image4_227.jpeg
    image4_227.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 9,130
  • image5_190.jpeg
    image5_190.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 9,130
Nice choice to have, lovely interior in the red car steering wheel also recovered by the look of it that exhaust looks on its way out again easily changed back to standard with a replacement valance, the white one also has the bonus of sports seats interior colour might be a bit marmite however looks fine with the white, the white car is a good blank canvas for wheel and graphic colour choice it would be a ducktail on there for me :thumb:

something like this

what kind of money are the older cars in Dubai ?

Attachments

• 712590_5_150.jpg
    712590_5_150.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9,106
  • 1227128_207.jpg
    1227128_207.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 9,106
  • dsc01824_133.jpg
    dsc01824_133.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 9,106
Cars are usually cheaper in Dubai than Europe. There's an abundance of GT3's of the 991 generation on the market. The market over here is very mileage sensitive. As soon as anything reaches 100,000km (62,500miles) it becomes very hard to move on and it's value on the second hand market plummets. There's also a lot of tip and PDK cars.
Manual cars are like hens teeth and then when they do come around especially air cooled they are either in need off a lot of tlc or are priced at euro prices so sit for years on the various 'auto trader" type sights. Dealers here especially will sit on stock than reduce its price to get it out the door.
Finding a garage that can repair is also difficult in the city itself. They will replace rather than repair which adds to my hesitation of going for a classic.

Jap spec..? I thought Jap cars were RHD... shows how much I know. The corrosion on the non standard exhaust pipes would cause me to look closer at the more usual areas of corrosion found in 911`s that spent their time in damp climates, such as mine. I have spent some time in years past welding my old Porsches and both these cars are OLD cars now. Of course whoever nailed those tail pipes on might just have found a bit of old scrap tube and welded it in place, though that then hints at less than fussy ownership, and smacks of boy racer..as do the blacked out windows... which I guess could be an advantage in a sunny climate. No pics of the wheels on the red car, pity. I suspect original Fuchs are part of the value in the car. Also no engine bay pics, pity.

I do not know the spec differences available on the 3.2 though the previous model, the SC came in two "basic" forms one of which was an SC Sport which had different seats, shockers, larger dia wheels (same rolling radius but lower aspect ratio tyres) and the non sport had cookie cutter wheels not Fuchs.

I guess the balancing act here is that of personal choice on colours of this that and the other, but in buying a Porsche condition can be very important in terms of replacement parts availability and thus cost, originality can play a part too, thus newer tends to have a head start, but on old cars how they were used maintained and stored can make a huge difference in the long run and as accurate history is a rare commodity and that Porsche cars will be repaired when others would be scrapped thus the bright shiny paintwork could be just an old t*rt in expensive make-up and even some make-up "artists" can be fooled as to what lies skin deep..?

Have a search through the forums at the pics of those who have posted pics of their restorations to get an idea of what can be involved which will also give you an idea of where to look. This is a newer Porsche than either of those you looked at, though required quite a bit of work to bring it back to the standards required by it`s owner..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127458

Three important things re buying a house or car would seem to be.. condition condition condition....?

I suspect the 3.2 is perhaps the most advanced Porsche that comes without the possible extra complications built into later Porsches which can add to maintenance and repair costs..?

Good luck in your choices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back