Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let the search begin

thecopster

Hi all,

So i am finally in a position to start looking for a 911!

I think i have settled on a 991 over a 997 as the car will be a daily driver. budget is around the 50k mark so looking at C2S's with no more than 50k miles.

Ideal spec is less than 40k miles, PDK, Chrono & PSE. Are the any other options that are deemed must haves?

From looking around at cars and prices i am hoping to get the above within budget or maybe slightly over.

Is there anything i should be looking out for on the 991 regarding maintenance and issues?

My company car goes back on 06/10 so 6 weeks to get something sorted!

Thanks

C2S's seem to be quite well spec'd, PDK, Chrono and PSE is a good base, cruise and Bose both good news, then hard back seats and sport design steering wheel (paddles) are popular if you want the sportier feel, obviously colours and wheels down to you.

No big stories about the 991 other than make sure it has full service history (many people like to see OPC stamps) and it's always good if you buy privately that it has a Porsche warranty on it. Good luck, great cars :thumb:

Cridfords have a good, long standing reputation and always seem to price their stock correctly.

This one seems no exception as although it seems a bit expensive at first glance the mileage is below the norm.

No experience of Cridfords so can't comment. The car's spec, price, mileage, colour all good, only disappointing aspect is the apparent condition it seems to be in from the pics. The front drivers side alloy looks scuffed, the driver's seat bolster looks a little crushed and in general the interior looks grubby. Maybe it hasn't been prepped for sale yet, but worth asking if you'd need to travel to take a look.

Thanks both. Good spot on the wheels and bolster. I have requested a video presentation and hopefully that will show up any cosmetic issues.

I have exchanged a couple of emails and have been advised it's had the prep since the photos were taken

It's never quite clear what kind of legal entity they are. You could assume they are a company, but I don't think they are.

T8 said:
Magic919 said:
It's never quite clear what kind of legal entity they are. You could assume they are a company, but I don't think they are.

:eh!:

Companies House seem to be quite clear on the matter.

Cridfords IS a limited company and has been for 16 years.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04943924

I sold Jonathan @ cridfords my 996 in 2004. He still owns/runs the place.

They have a good turnover of cars. Been there twice recently. Stock looks good, some needed more prep but they might have just arrived. but every car should be viewed in isolation.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

The Chappells car looks great but I have already pushed the budget up from a 997.2 at around £40k to a 991 up to £55k!!

There are a couple of others I'm interested in including one @ 911 Virgin who have a great rep.

My company car goes back in 1 month so that's my deadline to get sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back