Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Sat Nav question

RedJedi

Suzuka
Hi all,

done a search on the forum but couldn't see a definitive answer...

Can the Sat Nav disc on a 997.2 (PCM 3.0 - I think) be updated? Is there a disc/dvd?

Have to take a deep breadth before calling porsche about it.....

Thanks

It can be .. it costs a fortune for what it is , dealer or indy can do but to be honest it's the cost of the discs , labor is pretty cheap at 0.5 hrs .

It won't give you full post code and the maps will probably still be a couple of years old , last update i heard of was 2016 maps , not sure if there is a more current version these days .

I'm on v2.24, which gives you full postcode(sorry Iain :D )
Having said that, they want your right kidney for the upgrade. I paid £149 a few years back when they had a special offer going. Some thing tells me it £350 odd now.
Waze is the future. If there was a way go emulate waze onto my PCM, I'd be doing that 100%, but I've not heard of any one doing that

FZP said:
I'm on v2.24, which gives you full postcode(sorry Iain :D )
Having said that, they want your right kidney for the upgrade. I paid £149 a few years back when they had a special offer going. Some thing tells me it £350 odd now.
Waze is the future. If there was a way go emulate waze onto my PCM, I'd be doing that 100%, but I've not heard of any one doing that

That's fine by me :thumb: .. i must have been thinking about G1 .. i remember people complaining about not having full postcode .. but the model year escaped me ..

Old age is a terrible thing you know :floor:

I'm not long for this world i tells ya !

Special offer is the way to go through if you want to do this .. even then it's not cheap .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back