Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997. gen 1 without bore POSITIVE POSTS please

Don't you need 2 threads ie pre and post Harte has rebuild :dont know:

me&my997 said:
I'm happy to contribute to the positive vibes of a 997 .
2006 88K manual 3.6 , no concerns whatsoever , starts first crack , sounds sweet , drives faultlessly & runs like a swiss watch :thumbs:

997 Coast said:
me&my997 said:
I'm happy to contribute to the positive vibes of a 997 .
2006 88K manual 3.6 , no concerns whatsoever , starts first crack , sounds sweet , drives faultlessly & runs like a swiss watch :thumbs:
:thumb:

loads out there that will run and run I am sure and it only affected about 5-10 of cars.

more likely to happen to a tiptronic car as more torque loads when starting in 2nd more and more likely to be driven around town than a manual.

i guess it luck of the drawer as you could buy a minter and then sth happens.

By definition, Alex haa submitted a car that won't suffer borescore issues.
Although that car is £4k too much in my book

Yep no matter how hard you try you can't disguise a few fundamental facts about these cars, but good effort. :thumb:

Well, I'm happy with mine.

Best car I've ever driven.

Drives great

Sounds great

Looks great.

997 C4s

And yes it has had the what appears to be normal problems but I love it.

Sold mine around 4 months ago, the new owner took it to Hartech and a clean bill of health, the car had been run on Fuchs GT1 5/40 with me for the 5 years that I had it along with a number of years on the same oil before me.
LTT fitted as soon as I bought it, always warmed up and not driven until oil was at temp, then let rip from 3000rpm plus never laboured in low gears.

Convinced this is the way to look after them, the car had 12 monthly oil changes with myself and previous owners not the bi annual oil service that Porsche came up with.
Just my tuppence !
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back